Let's be honest Nintendo's eShop isn't really that good...

#1levyjl1988Posted 1/9/2013 8:48:20 PM
-Most of the Ambassador games aren't up for sale.
-Most wanted games like LOZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, ALTTP not up there....
-A collection of GBA games not even there.
-Demos have a number of uses before they expire. Never had that with PSN or XBL.
-Things from the eShop disappear ie) Pokedex 3D, not the pro one, 3DS videos/previews, even the old ones disappear.... which is sad if you want to redownload them.
-Don't get me started on Nintendo Video, if you missed out on videos like Kirby 3D there is no chance to rewatch them...
-Games bought in the marketplace are taxed. You can get taxed twice for purchasing the card at the store and again for downloading it. Never had that issue with xbox points card.

Nintendo cannot live up to PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, or the App Store.
Things disappear frequently and it's just unreliable.

Nintendo is mostly likely going to respond with "oh it is a strategic marketing deployment", please don't BS me. If consumers have money, a sense for nostalgia make that stuff available or else I'm gonna spend my money on other things, probably things not from Nintendo. And these games are old and wants to be revisited from fans. Why not offer these games early for fans of the 3DS. It's kinda dead to be honest. And the Pokemon news is the only glorifying thing so far.

Is it just me or is Nintendo missing out on oppertunities here and angering fans.

If I had to rate Nintendo's service, it's very bad atm.
---
PKMN B2 FC: 1034 9038 3436
#2BuretsuPosted 1/9/2013 8:51:22 PM
levyjl1988 posted...

-Games bought in the marketplace are taxed. You can get taxed twice for purchasing the card at the store and again for downloading it. Never had that issue with xbox points card.

Nintendo Points Cards aren't supposed to be taxed. If you are, you're getting screwed, but it's not by Nintendo.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/9/2013 8:52:25 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
-Demos have a number of uses before they expire. Never had that with PSN or XBL.
-Things from the eShop disappear ie) Pokedex 3D, not the pro one, 3DS videos/previews, even the old ones disappear.... which is sad if you want to redownload them.
-Don't get me started on Nintendo Video, if you missed out on videos like Kirby 3D there is no chance to rewatch them...

Nintendo is mostly likely going to respond with "oh it is a strategic marketing deployment", please don't BS me. If consumers have money, a sense for nostalgia make that stuff available or else I'm gonna spend my money on other things, probably things not from Nintendo. And these games are old and wants to be revisited from fans. Why not offer these games early for fans of the 3DS. It's kinda dead to be honest. And the Pokemon news is the only glorifying thing so far.

Is it just me or is Nintendo missing out on oppertunities here and angering fans.

Another eShop complaint topic.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#4vidalmorazaPosted 1/9/2013 8:53:54 PM
Trailers for games are in your downloads section, you can download them again, just are not in the store for everyone...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#5PsychoWolfXPosted 1/9/2013 8:54:11 PM
Good and valid points. I agree with pretty uch everything you said there. There are a few games that I plan on getting off the eShop (Links Awakening, old sonic/mario games) but that's about it.
I didn't know about the tax, thats a bummer
Lack of GBA games disgusts me.
#6Lord_FroodPosted 1/9/2013 8:54:41 PM
Yeah. We know it's bad.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#7Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/9/2013 8:54:51 PM
vidalmoraza posted...
Trailers for games are in your downloads section, you can download them again, just are not in the store for everyone...

For some of them, you actually have to go in and do a manual search to find them, which irks me.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#8VyersPosted 1/9/2013 8:55:18 PM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
levyjl1988 posted...

Another eShop complaint topic.

Must be because the eShop sucks.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#9kdognumba1Posted 1/9/2013 8:57:59 PM
I love the 3DS eShop and generally like it more then every other shop I've used on a dedicated game system.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#10Gamemaster64Posted 1/9/2013 9:00:41 PM
Fire Emblem Awakening should repeat what Kid Icarus did and maybe start the whole GBA games on eShop.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.