Let's be honest Nintendo's eShop isn't really that good...

#31Super_ChelseaPosted 1/9/2013 10:40:29 PM
The 3DS eShop is pretty lackluster. There is no denying it. The GBC and GBA had a lot of quality titles, many owned by Nintendo, that they are just not putting up for sale for some strange reason.

The only 3DS Download games I own are Liberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud, and Mighty Switch Force. There is some good stuff there like Dillon, Sakura Samurai, Pushmo and Crashmo nothing else really comes to mind. It's not like I own more downloadable games on my other system though so I'm pleased with the original content they have so far. It's just the VC that is very disappointing.

That feel when Magi Nation will never be on 3DS VC.
---
Now Playing: Kirby Dream Collection
#32NnamzPosted 1/9/2013 11:01:46 PM
The Eshop's layout and functionality, while it may not be my favorite, is functional and I'm happy with it.

It's the GAMES that's the problem. With few exceptions it's just littered with crap and shovelware. Vita has been out for half the time and already has more great games on it's PSN then the Eshop. This should not be happening. It's frustrating too since even without quality new games, Nintendo could be releasing a ton of GBA and/or DS games onto the store, but they aren't.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#33Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 11:06:31 PM
Yeah I will admit games are pretty lacking but I more have an issue at them announcing releases and not actually releasing them.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#34FlyinTonitePosted 1/9/2013 11:09:44 PM
Has anyone gone thru the xbla or psn store lately, lot of crap in there. Yes, the eshop needs a swift boot in the ass (gba vc games please) but don't act like it's the only one with a myriad of lackluster titles.

As far as services go, I much prefer steam, none of the console services even remotely come close. Psn is nice but it has a fairly ugly UI. I prefer the eshop in terms of aesthetics and games are pretty easy to find, xbla and psn can be a cluster**** at times. I will say nintendo should do what psn does and have far more vc games.

Come to think of it, I don't really care much for xbla at all lol.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#35grangiaPosted 1/9/2013 11:13:30 PM
Nnamz posted...
The Eshop's layout and functionality, while it may not be my favorite, is functional and I'm happy with it.

It's the GAMES that's the problem. With few exceptions it's just littered with crap and shovelware. Vita has been out for half the time and already has more great games on it's PSN then the Eshop. This should not be happening. It's frustrating too since even without quality new games, Nintendo could be releasing a ton of GBA and/or DS games onto the store, but they aren't.

Mostly this^

From my point of view, I really have no complaints except:

1.SEARCH OPTION. Dear god, some games are damn hard to find even with filters. Even if they aren't, a search option would cut the time needed to find them to zero. It's especially irritating to try to skip over all that shovelware :/

2. FILL THE TIME BETWEEN RELEASES WITH OLDER PORTS.
Yeah, I know "Japanese companies don't care about us filthy foreigners" but considering our release list is a drop compared to Japan's daily rainfall, it'd be awesome if they could fill in that gap through putting up the most wanted GBA and GB games.
It could both boost their own list and give us something to do (and buy!) during droughts. Win-Win! At this point, holding out on stuff like the ambassador games is just being overly concerned about their "specialness." I'm willing to bet they might be bored too.
---
dr-toszi.deviantart.com
PSN:Dr-Toszi
#36NnamzPosted 1/9/2013 11:18:51 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
Has anyone gone thru the xbla or psn store lately, lot of crap in there. Yes, the eshop needs a swift boot in the ass (gba vc games please) but don't act like it's the only one with a myriad of lackluster titles.

I don't think anyone is complaining about crap games being on Eshop. I think people are complaining about (with few exceptions) all of the Eshop games being crap. Sure XBLA and PSN have a ton of crap games, heck, probably most of the games on those services are crap. But there are a large amount of quality games on either service, and this is something the Eshop is severely lacking.

It's like the PS2. With the possible exception of the Wii, no other system had such a high number of crappy games. Yet most hardcore gamers say it had the best library of all time.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#37braiel91Posted 1/10/2013 12:03:02 AM
the only complaint i really have about it is the fact that they don't have oracle of ages/seasons on there or any gba games aside from the ambassador stuff that was promised to us sometime hopefully before we all grow old and die they'll start putting out some quality vc stuff and not simply the mario games that are almost older than me or retail games at full price which is quite frankly bs it costs them pennies to provide a download which is nothing compared to packing and shipping to retail stores
#38Xenesis XenonPosted 1/10/2013 1:17:02 AM
The eShop is terrible. It stands leagues below the quality of even Sony and Microsoft's stores.

Unfortunately, they need someone running their online stuff who actually 'gets it.'
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#39Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 2:18:04 AM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
levyjl1988 posted...
-Most of the Ambassador games aren't up for sale.
-Most wanted games like LOZ: Oracle of Ages/Seasons, ALTTP not up there....
-A collection of GBA games not even there.
-Demos have a number of uses before they expire. Never had that with PSN or XBL.
-Things from the eShop disappear ie) Pokedex 3D, not the pro one, 3DS videos/previews, even the old ones disappear.... which is sad if you want to redownload them.
-Don't get me started on Nintendo Video, if you missed out on videos like Kirby 3D there is no chance to rewatch them...
-Games bought in the marketplace are taxed. You can get taxed twice for purchasing the card at the store and again for downloading it. Never had that issue with xbox points card.

Nintendo cannot live up to PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, or the App Store.
Things disappear frequently and it's just unreliable.

Nintendo is mostly likely going to respond with "oh it is a strategic marketing deployment", please don't BS me. If consumers have money, a sense for nostalgia make that stuff available or else I'm gonna spend my money on other things, probably things not from Nintendo. And these games are old and wants to be revisited from fans. Why not offer these games early for fans of the 3DS. It's kinda dead to be honest. And the Pokemon news is the only glorifying thing so far.

Is it just me or is Nintendo missing out on oppertunities here and angering fans.

If I had to rate Nintendo's service, it's very bad atm.

Another eShop complaint topic.

And a valid one at that!.

Not saying it's invalid, I happen to agree with the points. The reasoning behind my post is because eShop bashing is already a dying trend that just needs to go. There's plenty of other things to cry and whine about, as it seems almost everyone on GameFAQs has to b****, complain, or bash something or else they would spontaneously combust.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#40BuretsuPosted 1/10/2013 2:21:52 AM
grangia posted...
1.SEARCH OPTION. Dear god, some games are damn hard to find even with filters. Even if they aren't, a search option would cut the time needed to find them to zero. It's especially irritating to try to skip over all that shovelware :/

Umm, right at the top of the touchscreen, just to the right of the Menu button is a Search Box...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit