Pokemon X and Y proves how lazy Nintendo is getting.

#21longlivemegamanPosted 1/9/2013 11:17:54 PM(edited)
Transdude posted...
Funny thing is that a 3DS cartridge can hold up to 8 GB. We have more than enough space. Just to put into comparison, Assassin's Creed for PC takes up 6.65 GB on my computer.

I actually never knew just how much space these cartridges could hold... That's some interesting info.

P.S. If anyone is swaying away from this game because of the graphics you're only going to miss what could very well be the GREATEST handheld Pokemon game... EVER.
---
Don't hope for a new GOOD Megaman game. In the end it's only going to get cancelled.
R.I.P. MML3, MMU and Rockman Online...
#22r_m_8_8Posted 1/9/2013 11:25:50 PM
Pokémon RBY looked like NES games back in 1996. Without color, of course.

Not that this game looks like a DS game, people tend to forget rather quickly about how games look on previous systems.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Castlevania OoE, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#23ferofaxPosted 1/9/2013 11:30:33 PM
I guess that means that battle is where it's all at. Everything else can suck balls, but if the battles look good, then everything is alright in the world.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#24NeonDragon9000Posted 1/10/2013 1:48:40 AM
Why does everyone hate on cel shaded art style? It's not outdated.

If anything, it's extremely. Look at games like Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island on the Super NES. The former looks extremely dated and bad, while the latter still looks quite nice, because of the art style.

Same with Wind Waker and SS: they still look very vibrant and attractive when compared to the much more dated looks of the N64 games and their "realistic" graphics.

Can't say cel shading is what I expected X & Y to go with, but in no way is it a bad decision.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#25n00bifierPosted 1/10/2013 2:02:00 AM
Because Razzie can't seem to shut up for the tenth time, I feel the need to repost this:

n00bifier posted...
Razieru posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Pokemon Battle Revolution's visuals are far worse than what we've seen from X & Y.

Here we goes again with more 3DS glory boy gibberish. Dude, the games aren't even out yet, so kill the unnecessary defense force crap.

That proves their rushed state, and why for once, an international release is upon you all. It's not like they ever take the time to do anything ground breaking in Pokemon ever more. It is Nintendo's and Gamefreak's most milked baby.

Hey Pot, meet Kettle.

Quoting this again, so that Razzie can see this and shut up for once.

The games are not out yet for another 8 months. Keep your incessant whining and moaning about the games until they goddamn come out. Holy ****, I think Endgame is a better person than you are.
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#26NeonDragon9000Posted 1/10/2013 2:04:27 AM
I don't know much about programming, but I'd imagine at this point the art style is more or less set in stone. Sure, the disclaimer implies there might be minor graphical changes, but a complete overhaul that changes the look of the game will probably take much longer than eight months.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#27Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 2:13:50 AM
n00bifier posted...
Holy ****, I think Endgame is a better person than you are.

Endgame IS a better person than Razieru, just in the sense that while they both tend to bash the popular opinion, Endgame tends to back up most of his claims with research and hard evidence, rather than just biased opinion. (Do note 'most')
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#28Baha05Posted 1/10/2013 2:18:28 AM
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
Endgame IS a better person than Razieru, just in the sense that while they both tend to bash the popular opinion, Endgame tends to back up most of his claims with research and hard evidence, rather than just biased opinion. (Do note 'most')

Actually it's rare that Endgame even backs up his claim as well. I think I seen him do it once on some minor issue. Though at least Endgame posts once then moves on.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#29Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 2:24:33 AM
Baha05 posted...
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...

Actually it's rare that Endgame even backs up his claim as well. I think I seen him do it once on some minor issue. Though at least Endgame posts once then moves on.

I've mostly seen him on the Fire Emblem boards, and one of his main troll lines was how 'easy' Sacred Stones and Awakening were in comparison to past Fire Emblem games. He had posted up character stats and builds, showing how you could essentially 'break' the game. While his repeated bashing of said games is quite obnoxious, I tend to see him less as an annoyance compared to other board trolls and more like an amusement. Definitely better in my eyes compared to the likes of users like AXKSION (or whatever his name is on the Castlevania boards), or MarthMoopa.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#30NathanisDrakePosted 1/10/2013 2:27:24 AM
ITT: Graphics are everything.

Kids these days...
---
http://i.imgur.com/iGtSX.png http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD Proud owner of a 3DS