Pokemon X and Y proves how lazy Nintendo is getting.

#41Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 4:22:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 4:37:12 AM(edited)
Shuo_Ragnarok posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
You're missing the point here. Xenoblade's graphics falter compared to games like Final Fantasy 13. Xenoblade had very little detail in its graphics, with character models looking muddy and flat, and if you looked closely at the landscapes, things like plants and grass were actually 2D sprites.

Bullcrap.

The only "faltering" was the fact that it was put onto the Wii. When... certain methods... were used to put the game into proper HD, it looks absolutely stunning. I mean, seriously and positively amazing. The game was literally designed with high definition utilization in mind, but was scaled back AFTER in order to fit into the Wii.

I just absolutely LOVE IT when people like that guy try to spew about things they absolutely have no clue about- if you notice how he mentioned the grass? It's because he GOOGLED about XenoBlade graphics and came up with a silly forum discussion about the grass in and quickly penciled it in in an effort to come up with some form of argument.

Guess what? Flat texturing is EVERYWHERE- even in HD consoles.

I will state again- you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Furthermore, FF13 is one of the worst examples you can pick because the graphics had absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay design choice. It was the director's decision from the very start to put a linear focus on this title in order to appeal to more action-oriented players- NOT because of either system limitations or time development constraints. So using FF13 as a basis for your argument is just a strawman that doesn't hold any water whatsoever.

"Please. DQ7 3DS looks absolutely beautiful, "

No, it looks abysmal, easily one of the worst looking 3DS titles I've ever seen.

Ah, you're one of those guys....rather than being constructive with your arguments, you now have gone to blatant trolling.

I could have Googled up the info, as you said, or.....I could actually OWN the game, but somehow I think that wouldn't give you as much ground to spout nonsense. Somehow, I don't think YOU know what you're talking about. Play the game, actually look at the vegetation in areas where it is present and tell me it isn't 2D sprites. I'll wait.

On a sidenote, I love how you say I don't know what I'm talking about when you're under the impression that Xbox, Gamecube, and PS2 all exist on the same generation as the Wii. Really? Do we have to have the Pot and the Kettle talk here?

---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#43TehTrumpCardPosted 1/10/2013 4:35:14 AM
Umm, The Dragon Quest Trailer is showing the what is or almost is the final version of the game, as it releases in February.

The Pokemon XY Trailer is only showing the progress made on the game and isn't nearing it's final version, as it releases in October. Furthermore, the gameplay shown on the XL is enlarged to get a larger picture, not a clearer one. I don't think DQ7 will have anywhere near as many sprites as Pokemon which will have over 700, with just the Pokemon alone.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#44megamanx1291Posted 1/10/2013 4:40:03 AM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
First, Dragon Quest sucks.

No, it doesn't.
---
There is a 0% chance of this happening.
3DS Fc: 0087-2393-7303
#45IHeartMetroidPosted 1/10/2013 4:42:19 AM(edited)
"Ah, you're one of those guys....rather than being constructive with your arguments, you now have gone to blatant trolling. "

The only one I see trolling here is you.

I mean, seriously, you use the absolute worst examples possible, and attribute to those examples absolutely ludicrous reasoning, and think you have some sort of worthwhile argument?

Look, seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. FFXIII was a Long Tube Of Stupid because Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase designed it that way from the outset, not because of some fictional lack of time or resources. The two decided that they wanted a completely different gameplay style than the previous iterations, and that's why XIII turned out the way it did. If Yasumi Matsuno and Hiroyuki Ito had been in charge, they would undoubtedly have taken a much more open world approach.

The same goes with XenoBlade- it looks the way it does because it was designed for the Wii, and it was designed for the Wii because Monolith Soft is owned by Nintendo. You cannot attribute any perceived graphical flaws in Xenoblade to either it's open world status or to lack of time, because it quite frankly completely maxes out the system that it's on to the highest degree possible. It's on the Wii, and as a Wii game it's absolutely gorgeous.

In short- absolutely nothing you have put forward in your two "examples" advances the ridiculous concept that graphics and gameplay have to be mutually exclusive.
#46GloryChaosPosted 1/10/2013 4:43:15 AM
Gamefreak isn't Nintendo.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#47Azure_lKitePosted 1/10/2013 5:23:30 AM
Xenoblade does look fantastic.
Just look at that quality and those highly realistic hands: http://images.eurogamer.net/tv/1/0/2/1/2/2/screengrab_480.jpg
/sarcasm

Some of you are mistaking technical graphical quality with art direction, and HD doesn't suddenly make anything look gorgeous. Xenoblade was indeed limited by the Wii's hardware, and as such, it has terrible graphics compared to the likes of FFXIII.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#48Nickcool1996Posted 1/10/2013 5:34:32 AM
The trailer is DQ7 right?

'Cause they look approx. the same from my memory.

Still, no one apparently cares since even the ones complaining are going to buy it. This includes the same person that praised DQ7 while dissing it months ago.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i.imgur.com/cw8ao.jpg
#49IHeartMetroidPosted 1/10/2013 5:49:01 AM(edited)
Apparently Azure_lKite thinks one cherry picked low resolution screengrab = everything and anything.

I can do it too!

http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2011-08-1621-38heb0.jpg

Golly, that there shore is ugly, hyuck hyuck hyuck!

I love it when people like him don't even bother reading the thread.
#50WrestlinFanPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:09 AM
Quote:I don't know much about programming, but I'd imagine at this point the art style is more or less set in stone. Sure, the disclaimer implies there might be minor graphical changes, but a complete overhaul that changes the look of the game will probably take much longer than eight months.
@NeonDragon9000
I thought the disclaimer was for the CG pickachu part.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9