Pokemon X and Y proves how lazy Nintendo is getting.

#51CurryfiendPosted 1/10/2013 5:07:27 AM
I don't get why the graphics for Pokemon X Y are so bad when they already have 3D models of every single Pokemon in the Pokedex 3D apps
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg
#52LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 1/10/2013 5:28:45 AM
I agree cel-shading sucks which is why I didn't like Zelda: Wind Waker and it only has 5 dungeons and I sold that game after beating it. Zelda: Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time I will keep forever because of the realistic graphics.

Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 got released many years ago and yet they have better looking graphics than Pokemon X & Y. My dreams came true of having a 3D Pokemon, but they still couldn't get the graphics right.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#533D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:43:58 AM
Transdude posted...
On the second link, did you notice the words displayed in the bottom right corner from 00:03 to 00:08?

On another note, don't the graphics for Pokemon look cel-shaded? For some reason, I always prefer that style of graphics over realistic graphics.

The disclaimer refers to the clearly pre-rendered Pikachu part. Yeah, it's silly but they have to make it clear that those aren't ingame graphics, otherwise morons will be "tricked" into getting it and complain about Nintendo.

Also, cel-shading is pretty good when done right. I remember when WW came out it looked like an actual cartoon to me, because of the vibrant look and expressiveness of the character faces in addition to the shading. But in X and Y, it just looks like a cheap way to distract from the low-poly models and ugly textures.
#54TGSnowwyPosted 1/10/2013 6:00:45 AM
NathanisDrake posted...
ITT: Graphics are everything.

Kids these days...

Of course. Many people are already expecting this to be the greatest Pokemon game ever simply for being in 3D, but there's a 99% probability that it will have virtually the exact same gameplay and basic "Run around collecting badges while fighting a dubious organization as an afterthought" scenario as every core Pokemon game since Red and Blue. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been playing them since Red & Blue, and I am bored crazy of getting the same thing with some different characters each time. I've seen far more people complain about Dragon Quest being obsolete, out-dated, etc, but at least it changes up the classes and/or some other features each time.
#55The_Undying_84Posted 1/10/2013 6:02:21 AM
Graphics? Who gives a **** about graphics?

For portable games in general, and especially for Pokemon.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#56Shuo_RagnarokPosted 1/10/2013 6:03:22 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...

Apparently everyone on these boards. All I'm hearing as far as X and Y goes is how its graphics 'suck'.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#57kakashik99992Posted 1/10/2013 6:04:24 AM(edited)
TGSnowwy posted...
NathanisDrake posted...

Kids these days...

Of course. Many people are already expecting this to be the greatest Pokemon game ever simply for being in 3D, but there's a 99% probability that it will have virtually the exact same gameplay and basic "Run around collecting badges while fighting a dubious organization as an afterthought" scenario as every core Pokemon game since Red and Blue. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been playing them since Red & Blue, and I am bored crazy of getting the same thing with some different characters each time. I've seen far more people complain about Dragon Quest being obsolete, out-dated, etc, but at least it changes up the classes and/or some other features each time.

There is people who want the series to keep most of his stuff and that is proved by the ever increasing revenue generated by the franchise along the time.

Sorry pal but you are on the minority here and no company gives a **** for the minority. I wonder why those people think the fanbase gives a **** for changing
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#583D_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:14:56 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...

So you bought a systen with the main draw being 3D visuals because...? Oh wait I forgot, Nintendrones only care aboug graphics when they're good.
#59SkyminxyzPosted 1/10/2013 6:21:01 AM
kakashik99992 posted...
TGSnowwy posted...
NathanisDrake posted...

Kids these days...

There is people who want the series to keep most of his stuff and that is proved by the ever increasing revenue generated by the franchise along the time.

Sorry pal but you are on the minority here and no company gives a **** for the minority. I wonder why those people think the fanbase gives a **** for changing

^Pretty much this.

On a realistic note however wouldn't this be a smart way to hype people up for Gen 7 in the future, by making the graphics look "complete"? Because personally It would seem like a very stupid move on GameFreak's part to 100% perfectly a 3D engine on their first tempted. When all they gotta do if just improve upon it 7th Gen, or even in Pokemon Z.

<.< Sum up: I'm starting to think the only people bashing these games are: Vita fanboys, and those who are probably "Gen 3 fans" and hate any overrated Generation of Pokemon game besides their's.
[There's a few simply stating their opinion I'm aware so I'm not trying to "overreact".]
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#60DeathSnipe777Posted 1/10/2013 6:25:13 AM(edited)
Oh please, Pokemon X and Y is one of the few good things Nintendo has planned for 2013.

This guy right here.

So if worse comes to worse, the graphics seen in that trailer might be the ones to expect... Because the game just might be too big for a 3DS cartridge.

I don't think that's true. 3DS cartridges can go up to 8 GB. For comparison, big games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas take up about 9.5 GB on PC. This is a cel-shaded Pokemon game that isn't even at the standard 480p resolution, let alone HD resolution. There is no way this game will take up more than 8 GB even if they drastically improve it like the implied they will with that disclaimer in the trailer.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu