Pokemon X and Y proves how lazy Nintendo is getting.

#71FabulousZeroPosted 1/10/2013 8:14:53 AM
longlivemegaman posted...
Plus the footage they used for the launch trailer wasn't even the final product.

That's it, dear. Keep reassuring yourself.
---
It took me three playthroughs to realize Harbinger was a reaper
If you dislike FFXIII, you're an idiot.
#72hello_indigoPosted 1/10/2013 8:35:43 AM
Plus the footage they used for the launch trailer wasn't even the final product.

So if worse comes to worse, the graphics seen in that trailer might be the ones to expect... Because the game just might be too big for a 3DS cartridge.

Why do people always think the final product will look so much better than the trailers? Why??? When has this EVER been the case. Unless the trailer is a BETA version, then no, the end product will not look that much better. Name me one trailer that looks noticeably worse than the released product.

Seriously fanboys, stop getting your hopes up. The final game is gonna look almost exactly like what we see in these trailers. Especially more so because of the game being released in only about 9 months. I mean I can see if they just showed a BETA version and the game wasn't gonna be released for like a year or two, but 9 months will no nothing for the graphics besides unoticeable polishing.
#73JeroisourosinPosted 1/10/2013 8:40:01 AM
Nintendo gives new design for pokemon game,3d models and battles,and their lazy because graphics. Sounds like you want a vita my friend,the graphics are on a higher standard and more important than gameplay.
---
I was wondering why the baseball was getting bigger,then it hit me
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#74GloryChaosPosted 1/10/2013 8:45:41 AM
3ds trailers are blown up to show off 3ds games for computer monitors in high definition.

This is honestly pretty stupid and makes 3ds games look worse than they actually do. I'm not saying that the game will look spectacular (3ds screen is beneath standard res iirc) but it will definitely look nicer than what we saw in the trailer. 3ds games look bad on anything that isn't a 3ds.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#75kakashik99992Posted 1/10/2013 8:46:47 AM(edited)
hello_indigo posted...

So if worse comes to worse, the graphics seen in that trailer might be the ones to expect... Because the game just might be too big for a 3DS cartridge.

Why do people always think the final product will look so much better than the trailers? Why??? When has this EVER been the case. Unless the trailer is a BETA version, then no, the end product will not look that much better. Name me one trailer that looks noticeably worse than the released product.

Seriously fanboys, stop getting your hopes up. The final game is gonna look almost exactly like what we see in these trailers. Especially more so because of the game being released in only about 9 months. I mean I can see if they just showed a BETA version and the game wasn't gonna be released for like a year or two, but 9 months will no nothing for the graphics besides unoticeable polishing.

Oh yeah the pokemon fanbase is famous for putting story and graphics as very important aspects....

Newsflash buddy no one of the millions who will buy will give a **** for the graphics especially the ones outside the battles
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#76shampoowarriorPosted 1/10/2013 8:47:01 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

I don't think that's true. 3DS cartridges can go up to 8 GB. For comparison, big games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas take up about 9.5 GB on PC. This is a cel-shaded Pokemon game that isn't even at the standard 480p resolution, let alone HD resolution. There is no way this game will take up more than 8 GB even if they drastically improve it like the implied they will with that disclaimer in the trailer.

My question is, how many models does Fallout have? If they take up 9.5 GB with maybe 20 unique models, that a different thing entirely to a game with over 700 unique models. That's my thought process at least. Would be interested to hear someone who is actually knowledgable comment on what the game's size might look like.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#77KHWyvernPosted 1/10/2013 8:53:01 AM
It's amazing how many trolls the Nintendo boards seem to attract. I wonder if the Sony and Microsoft forums attract just as many.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#78TiaelPosted 1/10/2013 8:55:29 AM
KHWyvern posted...
It's amazing how many trolls the Nintendo boards seem to attract. I wonder if the Sony and Microsoft forums attract just as many.

Sony...pretty much yeah.
Don't visit the MS boards often, so wouldn't know.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#79ikego98Posted 1/10/2013 9:10:32 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
I agree cel-shading sucks which is why I didn't like Zelda: Wind Waker and it only has 5 dungeons and I sold that game after beating it. Zelda: Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time I will keep forever because of the realistic graphics.

Zelda: Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time I will keep forever because of the realistic graphics.

Ocarina of Time I will keep forever because of the realistic graphics.

Ocarina of Time ... realistic graphics.

lol
---
Official Shiny Zorua of the Pokemon boards- since 08/01/2013
#80Kouji_TaminoPosted 1/10/2013 9:24:00 AM
This game looks awesome. I actually like it more than the look of Dragon Quest VII. Cel-shading is anything but outdated, in fact cel-shaded games tend to hold up better. (TLoZ: Wind Waker, Dragon Quest VIII, etc.)
---
N3DS FC: 4811-7718-3216