I desperately need help choosing between Vita and 3DS.

#21BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/10/2013 10:31:26 AM
alangst posted...
I'm going to piggyback onto this topic because I also have a few 3ds questions.

I recently bought a vita (xmas bundle) and really like it, but I am discouraged by the future games, and this has sent me looking at the 3ds xl.

I've sort of always looked at the 3ds as just a ds with 3d effects. Is this correct or is there a decent increase in the graphics/cpu power of the overall device?

How does the system compare with the psp as far as graphics and what its capable of?

Thanks for any help and or advice.

Wow dude, you're so damned uninformed it's not even funny. Go youtube Resident Evil Revelations and Monster Hunter 3G.

DS was probably a little stronger than an N64 give or take. The 3DS hits the GC/Wii ballpark and even does things like lighting and shadows better than the Wii is capable of.

So no, it's not just a 'DS with 3D' like so many uninformed people believe.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#22yankee6903Posted 1/10/2013 10:34:29 AM
I have both so I can speak from experience. I absolutely love my Vita for EDF, P4G, GR, Wipeout, PS1, and PSP games. I also really enjoy the 3ds. I have actually played it more lately.

IF I could only get one I would go with Vita as I have a PS3 and have PS+. That being said, money isnt an issue for me so many of the points you bring up arent an issue. I am not a Mario or Pokemon fan though so there is less reason for me to prefer a 3DS.

Here is what I say. Go to each games board here on gamefaqs and get the top 10 games. Then go to metacritic and get the 10 highest rated games. Look at youtube for each consoles 15-20 you came up with. Whatever you like more then get.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#23moogle69Posted 1/10/2013 10:39:14 AM
3DS sounds like your thing. Kid icarus also has tps parts as well :D.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#24Zero_ManiacPosted 1/10/2013 10:48:14 AM
Stick with your Vita TC. You never know, it may make a comeback.
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623
#25alangstPosted 1/10/2013 10:48:35 AM
You're definitely right about how uniformed I am about the 3ds. After initially checking it out and seeing Zelda and a couple other games I lost interest.

Thanks for the tip about Youtube...I checked Re:R and MH 4, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

I have the lingering memories of playing FF3 on the DS and didn't realize the hardware had come so far since then.
---
PSN: Walkerlang
Xbox Live: Walker
#26NettoSaitoPosted 1/10/2013 10:51:50 AM
Really, I'd just keep your Vita (I love mine), but... The 3DS does have quite a lot to offer. While the Vita has a LOT of great PSP games, PSOne classics, as well as a handful of great exclusives, the 3DS has access to all of the DS games, as well as a large library of 3DS games. The 3DS will be getting MH3G (MH3U in the west), so if you really only use your Vita for Monster Hunter, then you might as well get a 3DS.

Still you might regret selling it though. If I were you, I'd hold onto the Vita, get the great exclusives that will be coming out sooner or later, and just save up for a 3DS as well.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#27CronoDynePosted 1/10/2013 1:48:43 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
masa8mune posted...
uhmm arpg is something like heroes of ruins right?

Nope, that's a Dungeon Crawler IIRC. An ARPG is more along the lines of Kingdom Hearts DDD and Tales of the Abyss, to name a few.

Dungeon Crawler is a sub-sub genre. They can be action or turnbased RPGs. Action RPGs are any RPG that has a battle system that occurs in real time. So yes, Heroes of Ruin is a ARPG.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#28IcewitchPosted 1/10/2013 1:52:28 PM
See sig.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 2013 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U