No kid icarus uprising for Gfaqs GOTY?

#31Phantom_NookPosted 1/10/2013 2:21:02 PM
I wanted an RPG overworld with save points. The "pick up and play" style of the game did not go well for me.

So you're knocking the game because it's not something it wasn't even trying to be?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#32abbyhitterPosted 1/10/2013 2:22:50 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
abbyhitter posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
abbyhitter posted...
Kid Icarus Uprising was mediocre at best. The controls sucked. The main storyline was too short. The only replayability was getting a higher score or playing online (both of which I care nothing about). The game was not GOTY material. Sorry Pika.

Lol.

And LOL yourself. I'm sorry to knock off Kid Icarus Uprising from the high and mighty pedestal you put it on. It's not GOTY material, and the poll of the day proved that.

Are you ****ing serious?

One website left super mario galaxy off its GOTD but included Wii sports.

I doubt any gamer would consider Wii sports the greatest game of the decade and SMG is the highest rated game of all time by critics(on gamerankings. Its tied for 2 on metacritic) not to mention usually rated highly by those who play it.

Being left out of a single poll means ****.

However, this website, GAMEFAQs (the one we are on right now), left Kid Icarus Uprising off it's GOTY poll because it did not have enough votes. Simple as that. It's not GOTY material. Metacritic says that Kid Icarus Uprising got an 83. Hmmm. 83 does not sound like Game of the Year material at all.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/kid-icarus-uprising
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 1/10/2013 2:23:37 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
I wanted an RPG overworld with save points. The "pick up and play" style of the game did not go well for me.

So you're knocking the game because it's not something it wasn't even trying to be?

Wow, I completely missed that post.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#34seriously_lolPosted 1/10/2013 2:26:44 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
abbyhitter posted...
-Zeke- posted...
abbyhitter posted...
Kid Icarus Uprising was mediocre at best. The controls sucked. The main storyline was too short.

I stopped reading after that

It took me 9.5 hours to beat the main storyline. In my standards, that's a short game and not worth $40.

And too bad that you stopped reading there. I have a really good argument.

So, because it took YOU 9.5 hours to beat the game means it's short? It's no wonder you found it to be short, you clearly rushed through the game.

Ehh, 9.5h sounds about right. Just a bit on the lower side but 10-12 hours seems to be about the average time. I played all my levels on intensity 4-6 and I clocked it around 11 hours. And that is with some minor grinding early on. I wouldn't say it's short though. That is pretty standard these days.
---
You cannot penetrate an IMO shield no matter how stupid it sounds.