Extra circle pad games?

#1IAmCaptPlanetPosted 1/10/2013 10:04:22 AM
got my 3DSXLCPP ordered, getting ready to finally play MGS3DS and ResiEvil ReviLation what else do i NEED that has a CPP option, and what are some thats interesting and what are some thats stupid?
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#2JurassicBondPosted 1/10/2013 10:09:55 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3D is pretty much the only other big title released that even uses it. Monster Hunter will also when that comes out.
---
Reading: A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#3Swan3624Posted 1/10/2013 10:15:03 AM
You don't NEED the CPP for anything... Resident Evil: Revelations is perfectly playable without it. In fact, considering the Resident Evil lineage, it feels awkward. It doesn't feel right. Using one stick feels natural and right, but that is a personal opinion.

Kingdom Hearts can be played without it just fine, too. Coming off of 358/2 Days, it was very easy to translate those controls to Dream Drop Distance. I could see how people coming from the PS2 Kingdom Hearts games would prefer to play with two sticks, though.

And least of all, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I had no qualms playing the game with the face buttons for aiming.

...but all of this boils down to personal preference. I hope you enjoy your Circle Pad Pro XL! :D
---
Currently playing: Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure - Let's Play on my YouTube! :D
My Gaming YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterChief3624
#4Janus151Posted 1/10/2013 11:48:25 AM
I bought the Circle Pad Pro to play Resident Evil Revelations and MGS3D, and I can tell you that I would NEVER ever play those 2 games without the CCP. So I guess it really depends on the person :D
#5Bancario51Posted 1/10/2013 11:48:50 AM
There is not enough CPP supported games to count with your fingers...
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#6Janus151Posted 1/10/2013 12:07:35 PM
Bancario51 posted...
There is not enough CPP supported games to count with your fingers...

true :P
well 9 games in japan use it:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/accessories/list_slidepad/index.html

and you can add Monster Hunter 4 to that list, so that's 10! :D
I agree, not enough games use it. But the games that use it make the game WAY more enjoyable.
#7IAmCaptPlanet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:16:18 PM
i dont know why RE Rev, MGS, RE Mercenaries, and Splinter Cell (and others for that matter) dont use a touch screen aiming system a la Splinter Cell DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#8Janus151Posted 1/10/2013 12:21:06 PM
IAmCaptPlanet posted...
i dont know why RE Rev, MGS, RE Mercenaries, and Splinter Cell (and others for that matter) dont use a touch screen aiming system a la Splinter Cell DS and Metroid Prime Hunters.

I can see it working for RE: Revelations/Mercenaries, since it's a 3rd person shooter and you always face forward when aiming. But it wouldn't work in MGS3D since you don't necessary always have to be shooting in 1st/3rd person.
I can't really say anything about Splinter Cell since I haven't played it.
#9IAmCaptPlanet(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:57:09 PM
believe me dude, SC Chaos Theory on the DS controld like a dream, but really looks like crap, but the 3DS one only has face button aiming (from what i understand ive not played it) which is stupid. i hate 4 way aiming with face buttons, and southpawing it doesn't help me much either (aim with circle pad and move/strafe with buttons)
---
THE POWER IS YOURS!
#10JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/10/2013 2:04:17 PM
It's not NEEDED for any game or the system would have been made with the extra buttons and circle pad. Or they would have revised the system to add it.

I own a CPP and a CPP XL and I love how much easier it makes the supported games control but that doesn't mean EVERYBODY wants one. Most people feel $20 is a waste if they feel comfortable with the control options w/o the CPP/CPP XL.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210