#1WesfanboyneverPosted 1/10/2013 10:13:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kDXeFiBosXA

The big finale...
---
What's to say really?
#2Lord_FroodPosted 1/10/2013 10:15:15 AM
Why isn't it all just DLC?
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#3The Hero Of TimePosted 1/10/2013 10:18:57 AM
... because it's a new game with an actual story, and there is already weekly puzzles as free downloads anyways if all you want are more puzzles?
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#4Lord_FroodPosted 1/10/2013 10:25:33 AM
So the game is mostly there for the story? I've always been skeptical about the series when they just seem to be a $30-$40 puzzle book. But if the story is actually engaging, then I might have to pick one up.
---
#5Wesfanboynever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 10:32:01 AM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...
So the game is mostly there for the story? I've always been skeptical about the series when they just seem to be a $30-$40 puzzle book. But if the story is actually engaging, then I might have to pick one up.

Here's the story order if you're curious.

4 (Last Specter) - 5 (Miracle Mask) - 6 (Azran Legacies which this is) - 1 (Curious Village) - 2 (Diabolical Box) - 3 (Unwound Future)

Also the PL movie takes place between 4 and 5 and is canon.

Storywise most fans agree that Unwound Future from the original trilogy had the best story while the prequel trilogy is leading into some pretty big revelations with this final game. But yeah they all have a plot basically.

EDIT-Also the Phoenix Wright crossover as far as we know isn't canon, but will probably have a very big story since... well it's Ace Attorney and all.
---
What's to say really?
#6The Hero Of TimePosted 1/10/2013 10:39:06 AM
Ah, yes, basically, if you're a fan of mysteries, you'll probably enjoy them. There's a lot of Sherlock Holmes inspiration, with Layton and Luke playing the Holmes and Watson roles respectively. The puzzles are the major part of the gameplay, but essentially, the story itself revolves around a mystery the protagonist need to solve - in other words, a puzzle.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#7huyiPosted 1/10/2013 11:35:26 AM
another one? i only just got the digital download of miracle mask :(
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#8pbandjamesPosted 1/10/2013 11:39:14 AM
Yeah, apparently in this one they're going to add a lot more things and features than just normal puzzles. If you've played Miracle Mask, you know they've already tried this a little bit. Plus, apparently the game will give you the ability to fly to different places in the world.

Level-5 said they're going all out for this one, considering it's the last with Layton in it.
---
Game news is the best news.
#9Halladay32Posted 1/10/2013 11:49:09 AM
pbandjames posted...
Yeah, apparently in this one they're going to add a lot more things and features than just normal puzzles. If you've played Miracle Mask, you know they've already tried this a little bit.

That is welcome news; I loved that chapter in Miracle Mask that had you going through those ruins.

Anyway, from watching this trailer, it seems a bit too apparent who Descole is, yet...I guess we'll just have to see.
---
"It's only the mind which separates reality from truth."
#10Lord_FroodPosted 1/10/2013 5:54:49 PM
I already know the twist in Unwound Future. Is it even worth it?
---