I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...
4 years ago#1
Which game should I get, to get back into the series.

Pokemon Black/White, Platinum or Soul Silver.

Which has the best story, most interesting world, best features etc. Also can you get the original 3 pokemon from Red/Blue in any of them?
4 years ago#2
Pokemon B/W and B/W 2 are the better games. If you lie nostalgia go with HG/SS (Though they are still easy)
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#3
HG/SS if you want to keep your whole remake thing going on, then jump to B/W. I found 4th Gen to be terrible and not even worth it.
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
4 years ago#4
Yeah honestly the 4th Gen games in retrospect were meh. They were still fun but meh. 5th gen the swiftly kicked it right in the ass.
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#5
The last one I played was Leaf Green. Then I got a 3ds and bought HeartGold...which was an awesome re-entry to the franchise. I later got White 2 which was a lot of fun.
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
4 years ago#6
I say HG/SS. I was in the same boat as you and hadn't played since gen 2, (I tried to play gen 4 but I felt it was stale and didn't impress me at all). Then I bought SS and it made me interested in the franchise all over again. I bought Black a few months ago but couldn't bring myself to finish it, (my lazy ass' fault, not the game's).
PSN/GT: LukeyC224. 3DS FC: 0001-3497-9073
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
4 years ago#7
B2/W2 have the most Pokemon to choose from, so that might be a good one to go with.
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
4 years ago#8
My favorites of the series are HG/SS, but you can't go wrong with Black and White or it's sequels either.
4 years ago#9
I'd say Platinum. I don't understand why people seem to hate gen 4 so much, specially when gen 5 is complete crap...
Shinies: 40 -of which- Radar shinies: 38
Pkmn Platinum: Name: Hao FC: 2965-5119-9885
4 years ago#10
Platinum, easily.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Fire Red...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived