Screen-scratching issues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Screen-scratching issues?
3 years ago#1
Hi.

A friend of mine bought a 3DS XL. Since I don't own one yet I can't say.
How is the screen-scratching issue that a lot of people used to complain about sometime ago?
Does it still happens with the newer models?
If it does, how to prevent it from happening?
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
3 years ago#2
Still happens, but not as bad.

You can get a case, screen protector, or put a cleaning cloth between the screens before you close it.
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
3 years ago#3
Nothing on my three-week-old purple yet.
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
3 years ago#4
Yeah I hear the issue is still present though not as bad as the original (which I don't even know if we got numbers stating how bad that issue was)
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#5
I have had my Nintendo 3DS XL since the release and I have to say I have no scratches on my 3DS XL as of yet * knocks on wood* So I would take everything as a grain salt when reading issues about the screen scratching issue since it doesn't appear like its happening as much or at least not for me. :)
Pokemon White 2: 3268-2890-5278 (Justin)
3 years ago#6
If you do get one I'd put a cloth between the screens just to be safe. I've kept a cloth between my original 3ds after I sent it in and got a replacement and it's been scratch free for over 6 months.
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
3 years ago#7
elsmitty posted...
If you do get one I'd put a cloth between the screens just to be safe. I've kept a cloth between my original 3ds after I sent it in and got a replacement and it's been scratch free for over 6 months.

XL is more scratch resistant since they put the bumpers in a better place this time around. Unless you're applying a serious amount of pressure onto it, I'd have nothing to worry about.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
3 years ago#8
Sorry for not responding

Thanks guys. I wanted to make sure my friend was prepared for any possible issues.
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly become any dumber.
You go and do something like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Screen-scratching issues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived