A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#31WizardofHothPosted 1/10/2013 1:11:08 PM
I LOL at those who buy a Nintendo DS or 3DS just for a certain Mario game. Get a little variety for it, man.

I wish people like that need to realize there are other games to get for the DS/3DS

Kid Icaurs Uprising
Tales of the Abyss
The professor layton games
Resident Evil Revelations
Spectrobes series
Adventure Time
Brain Age
Art Academy for those who need a little help in that department with art if you're in college or whatever
other games that dont consist of Mario or Luigi or Bowser
#32DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:14:06 PM
RJP_X posted...
I always hear people hating on MK7, NSMB 2, and PM:SS all of the time, so Mario seems to get praise or criticism when deserved.

Mario doesn't get half the criticism it deserves.

If you take a step back and actually look at mario games without the nostalgia they have solid gameplay but no story, not that much content, are way too easy and never do anything new or innovation and don't really improve from one to the next. If a new IP released like that it'd sell like crap.
#33SagadegoPosted 1/10/2013 1:14:30 PM
since i have over 100 ds games. that tells you i have more then mario. this topic sucks.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#34McMarblesPosted 1/10/2013 1:18:49 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Stop liking what I don't like.

There. I've summed up the dog's entire argument. Are we done now?
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#35KingJaggiPosted 1/10/2013 1:18:55 PM
My main man Demondog how has it been brother.
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#36donnbobhardyPosted 1/10/2013 1:26:42 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
RJP_X posted...If you take a step back and actually look at mario games without the nostalgia they have solid gameplay but no story, not that much content, are way too easy and never do anything new or innovation and don't really improve from one to the next. If a new IP released like that it'd sell like crap.

Mario has never been about the story. There are plenty of games that have no story that people still like to play. This is a pointless argument.

The amount of content is subjective. It has enough content for me.

In what way are they too easy? Because they give the super leaf (or it's equivalent) that you can ignore like I do when ever you die more than 5 times in a level? Because there are many sources of extra lives? Because it's almost impossible to get a Game Over? Again, most games are like that nowadays. Most platformers anyway.

And most new IP's would have a really hard time improving on the previous iteration.

:)
#37Lolo_GuruPosted 1/10/2013 2:47:48 PM
Worst Mario game ever:
Mario Pinball Land (GBA)

Most of his other spinoffs (even the edutainment ones) are okay to good. Some of them may not be your favorite genre, sure. But usually, they're comparable to other games of the genre, if not better. This is pretty much the only game with Mario in the title that I've played that's significantly worse than other games in the genre.
---
Dragon Quest Cosmos (RP): http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563408-dragon-warrior/64598884
Mario Paint Latest (Super Mario RPG): http://youtu.be/7TUVuX9G_JI
#38reiko sawamuraPosted 1/10/2013 2:51:17 PM
I don't know, Super Mario Sunshine was an awful game.
---
If you believe in Taokaka, have accepted her as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!.
#39RazieruPosted 1/10/2013 2:56:24 PM
Check my sig TC. How does that catch your fancy?
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#40elsmittyPosted 1/10/2013 3:01:13 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Millions of incorrect things? Trolls quote me and save it every time I make a mistake, so far they are up to like 5 between all of them and the hundreds of things I have said that they don't I am right about.

Just like sniping terrorists

Yes I said snipping terrorists was a good idea and I was right.

So what terrorists do you want snipped first?
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174