A game is not good just because it has mario in the title

#41pbandjamesPosted 1/10/2013 4:03:45 PM
elsmitty posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Millions of incorrect things? Trolls quote me and save it every time I make a mistake, so far they are up to like 5 between all of them and the hundreds of things I have said that they don't I am right about.

Just like sniping terrorists

Yes I said snipping terrorists was a good idea and I was right.

So what terrorists do you want snipped first?

Circumcise the terrorists; that'll teach 'em!
---
Game news is the best news.
#42SuperbockyPosted 1/10/2013 4:05:55 PM
donnbobhardy posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
RJP_X posted...If you take a step back and actually look at mario games without the nostalgia they have solid gameplay but no story, not that much content, are way too easy and never do anything new or innovation and don't really improve from one to the next. If a new IP released like that it'd sell like crap.

Mario has never been about the story. There are plenty of games that have no story that people still like to play. This is a pointless argument.

The amount of content is subjective. It has enough content for me.

In what way are they too easy? Because they give the super leaf (or it's equivalent) that you can ignore like I do when ever you die more than 5 times in a level? Because there are many sources of extra lives? Because it's almost impossible to get a Game Over? Again, most games are like that nowadays. Most platformers anyway.

And most new IP's would have a really hard time improving on the previous iteration.

:)

I think mario game are good but doesn't deserve a full price tag (40$ 3ds and 60$ wii u)
#43thatmovingbushPosted 1/10/2013 4:14:35 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Millions of incorrect things? Trolls quote me and save it every time I make a mistake, so far they are up to like 5 between all of them and the hundreds of things I have said that they don't I am right about.

Just like sniping terrorists

Yes I said snipping terrorists was a good idea and I was right.

what do vasectomies have to do with mario?
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#44AkaneJonesPosted 1/10/2013 4:15:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm so sick of people pretending mario games are great especially the ones that are mediocre at best for this day and age. The NSMB series especially, no online, no level editor, not that much content, insanely easy and a full priced retail game, if this had any other title it would be called a waste of money and a massive rip off, something that should be a eshop game, but since it's mario everyone pretends it's great.

The minute you brought up New Super Mario Bros. as a series and attacked it all, while including New Super Mario Bros. Wii & New Super Mario Bros. U confirmed you are a troll thinking the console entries are the same as the first on DS. The console entries are actually good, and not easy. Try the challenges in NSMBU if you don't believe me.

No level editor, is not a legitimate complaint. No one complains that Wario Land: Shake It!, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Rayman Origins, & Rayman Legends don't have level editors. It's just Sony trolls making a Little Big Planet out of a mole hill.
#45MrMisanthropePosted 1/10/2013 4:19:12 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
RJP_X posted...
I always hear people hating on MK7, NSMB 2, and PM:SS all of the time, so Mario seems to get praise or criticism when deserved.

Mario doesn't get half the criticism it deserves.

If you take a step back and actually look at mario games without the nostalgia they have solid gameplay

Aaand TC answers his own question.
#46DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 4:32:17 PM
donnbobhardy posted...
Mario has never been about the story. There are plenty of games that have no story that people still like to play. This is a pointless argument.

The amount of content is subjective. It has enough content for me.

In what way are they too easy? Because they give the super leaf (or it's equivalent) that you can ignore like I do when ever you die more than 5 times in a level? Because there are many sources of extra lives? Because it's almost impossible to get a Game Over? Again, most games are like that nowadays. Most platformers anyway.

And most new IP's would have a really hard time improving on the previous iteration.

:)

Not true I'm hard pressed to think of a single retail game that doesn't have more story then mario series, aside from puzzle games I can't think of any.

/facepalm content is objective. Content can't even be subjective in any way...

Those reasons and easy level design.

Way to ignore all the other things.

AkaneJones posted...
The minute you brought up New Super Mario Bros. as a series and attacked it all, while including New Super Mario Bros. Wii & New Super Mario Bros. U confirmed you are a troll thinking the console entries are the same as the first on DS. The console entries are actually good, and not easy. Try the challenges in NSMBU if you don't believe me.

No level editor, is not a legitimate complaint. No one complains that Wario Land: Shake It!, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Rayman Origins, & Rayman Legends don't have level editors. It's just Sony trolls making a Little Big Planet out of a mole hill.

No it really isn't, super meat boy is hard. NSMBU isn't hard in anyway shape or form.

When there are dozens of mario mods and Nintendo is making that little new content for the game it's a valid complaint, and the online is even more valid since it already has co op.
#47NightsOwlPosted 1/10/2013 4:41:14 PM
Well, yeah. Mario Sports Mix was awful. But you don't see me praising it.

NSMB Series is pretty good.

DS was bad, 2 was okay. Wii was good. And haven't played U. Opinions opinions, man.

I'm just glad some people don't try to shove theirs down the throats of others.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#48360pagesPosted 1/10/2013 4:49:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#49squatch22Posted 1/10/2013 4:59:58 PM
McMarbles posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Stop liking what I don't like.

There. I've summed up the dog's entire argument. Are we done now?

This.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#50AkaneJonesPosted 1/10/2013 5:34:25 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...

No it really isn't, super meat boy is hard. NSMBU isn't hard in anyway shape or form.

When there are dozens of mario mods and Nintendo is making that little new content for the game it's a valid complaint, and the online is even more valid since it already has co op.

So Mega Man games are easy then? I know not a fair comparison because bosses in Mega Man game put up a fight, most Mario ones do not. But you can still cheese them, like it's Mario. It's not Heat Man or Flash Man was hard, they allow cheesing of Wood Man & Quick Man. There are plenty of Insta kill challenges in NSMBU, on par with Quick Mans level(or if they don't kill you out right you loose because of stringent time).

People will only call a Mario game hard now a days if it reaches, to Kaizo Man levels. I kind of wish the level in the games had a death counter, and a par time for speed running, just to have proof and see how hard the levels really are.

Speed run Layer-Cake Desert 2(the Pokey one), no damage I dare you. If you manage the Pokey the Swoopers get you in the dark. It doesn't matter even the Magma Bomb level in the first New Super Mario Bros. was hard to speed run. I was beginning to wonder what all those lives were for till then, limbing away with half of them.

Speaking of which challenges don't keep track of fails either, that would be a nice tally for how hard they were too. Mario can have difficulty of hard, Super Meat Boy would be Mania to Unknown difficulty, anyway.