Is the Fire Emblem series kind to casuals?

#21lambchipsPosted 1/10/2013 9:49:35 PM
king_darks posted...
No the hell you didn't.

read my first post again (its unedited)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#22Xenesis XenonPosted 1/10/2013 9:50:54 PM
randomshems posted...
TC days of ruin was horrid anyways I bet if they made a new AW you'd get into it again as long as it's not garbage :P

Days of Ruin is quite possibly the best in the series, but I can understand why some people didn't like it.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#23NeonYoshi11Posted 1/10/2013 9:56:06 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Easy mode + turning off permadeath should be fine.

You can even grind in this game if you need to. I don't see anyone really having trouble with this.

I wouldn't say the series is as a whole, but this one should be fine for you.

Permadeath is kind of what makes it fun. You then actually care about each character and some more than others and when one that you really like dies in combat it's actually sad because you don't get to use them anymore.
#24Nickcool1996Posted 1/10/2013 10:04:28 PM
Fire Emblem isn't really hard.

Permadeath is annoying though, and exposed my laziness of actions >_>
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i.imgur.com/cw8ao.jpg
#25QuagsireQingPosted 1/10/2013 10:43:26 PM
I didn't know about the casual mode until this topic. I've always enjoyed the Fire Emblem games for their presentation (story, dialogue, music, etc.), but found them frustratingly difficult. I've got my eye on this game now.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#26FefnirOmega13Posted 1/10/2013 10:47:40 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
Easy mode + turning off permadeath should be fine.

You can even grind in this game if you need to. I don't see anyone really having trouble with this.

I wouldn't say the series is as a whole, but this one should be fine for you.

Permadeath is kind of what makes it fun. You then actually care about each character and some more than others and when one that you really like dies in combat it's actually sad because you don't get to use them anymore.

Unless you're a DIRTY CHEATER and reset.

At least, this is applicable the first time.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#27Smelly_GoombaPosted 1/10/2013 11:02:17 PM
TC, just play Awakening with permadeath off.

But the trade off is that you have to wake up in the morning with the following thought running through your head "damnit I wussied out. I didn't play a Fire Emblem game like a man"
---
We have entered an endless recursion of time.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z20/smelly_goomba/clannad19-nagisa2703.gif
#28SMASHKING84Posted 1/10/2013 11:29:05 PM
sorry endgame but rpgs without the ability to grind are lame.
what's the point of experience if you only get set xp and therefore are forced to only use the best characters?

Seriously in a game like por tethys would die in one battle,but because i was allowed to grind her in a safe area i was allowed to not always resort to ONLY grinding my tanks and main characters and benching everyone else just so i won't see any characters die.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#29helldewPosted 1/10/2013 11:49:35 PM
The series as themselves punish players for silly mistakes as misplacements of units or just not having a certain item at a certain time but there is always some ways to get around these situations.

As most recents FE have appeared they have got more casual friendly each time, which leds to the inclusion of Casual mode where units dont permanently die (If you dont like this you can always pick Classic mode) and after that there is the pick of difficulty settings normal, hard, lunatic, and lunatic+... the first 2 seem most apropiate for casual plays while the latter two can be rated as hell for a few players.

if anything the whole point of casual mode is so they can make the game harder. i dont think much in the franchise tops new mysterys mainaic/lunatic/lunatic reverse.

I remember prior to NM people said hard mode hector and SD were hardest beside thracia 776. Thracias though is more just stupidly unforgiving design that will screw you form what i hear and HHM and SDH5 had nothing on New mysterys highest stuff.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.