Transferring data from one 3DS to another...

#1Valorous_RolandPosted 1/10/2013 6:31:26 PM
So I have a 3DS now. All my games are physical, but I have things like Miis and Swapnote stuff playtime logs and all that jazz on a 3DS.

I want to get a Fire Emblem 3DS. What can I transfer on to it? Using an SD Card or whatever you have to use now.

Thanks.
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#2Gamemaster64Posted 1/10/2013 7:19:37 PM
As long as you still have the original 3DS. Everything.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#390sRetroGamingPosted 1/10/2013 7:24:01 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
As long as you still have the original 3DS. Everything.

And you STILL get to keep your FE:A game after the transfer since both eShop accounts are combined into one. simply redownload it for free from the eShop once the transfer is complete :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#4Valorous_Roland(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 7:39:43 PM
Oh! Well that's good news. Do I just copy it on to whatever memory card thing a 3DS uses?
Or is it something else?
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#590sRetroGamingPosted 1/10/2013 7:59:35 PM(edited)
Valorous_Roland posted...
Oh! Well that's good news. Do I just copy it on to whatever memory card thing a 3DS uses?
Or is it something else?

No. the transfer simply deletes everything that is on the target system's (in your case the new Fire Emblem 3DS) SD card and system memory and then transfers all of the licenses to the eShop purchases you made on your old 3DS, ALL of your old save data from games (including VC restore points and such), ALL streetpass and spotpass data, ALL play coins, ALL swapnotes and your accumulated stationaries, etc, etc, etc.

All you do is swap out the old SD card that's in your old 3DS and put it in your new Fire Emblem 3DS. at that point nothing else needs to be done except redownloading your free copy of FE:A :). the SD card to your new Fire Emblem 3DS can now be used for various other purposes since it's no longer needed :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com