Kid Icarus: UR or Kingdom Hearts: DDD?

#1CronoDynePosted 1/10/2013 11:26:15 PM
I'm wavering on both of these right now, but I can only get one.. not sure which. Any suggestions, and why?
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#2Sir_PanosPosted 1/10/2013 11:42:22 PM
Go with Kid Icarus..it delivers something new, fresh, with a double dose of good humour and sarcasm. I got them both on launch and I've played Kingdom Hearts since the beginning of the series but I can't lie, even if they're not the same genre, I can say Kid Icarus is the more entertaining game.
---
'If ignorance is bliss, your life must be one long orgasm.'
3DS FC 4725 - 8060 - 7072 name: Toru
#3_Izanagi_Posted 1/10/2013 11:42:25 PM
Kingdom Hearts if you've played the ones before it.

Kid Icarus if you haven't.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
I really wish I had a device that could punch people on the Internet.
#4helldewPosted 1/10/2013 11:50:30 PM
KIU Pretty intresting game. lots of customization intresting level design really fast action thats a blast to play. great mix up of land and ground (air is like starfox ground is some weird action game that is really fun). online was fun from what i played of it voice acting is nice. lines are cheesy and they had a lot of fun with it. game is flashy but never to much so. it runs like a dream to framerate is crisp. This games got style and is easily the most interesting 3DS game ive tried thus far.

KH is a super flashy half of the time i coudlnt tell you wtf was actaully going TBH. difficulty kinda blows to in terms of pacing and balacnce sadly. the new combat system is intresting (if you played BBS they expanded upon it further) and for the first time in the franchise the areas arent ass and arent hindered by inate stupid design. instead they made the drop system (seriously what the hell square). Not a bad game but not a great game. the story is also pretty confusing to and unless youve been keeping up with details on the message board a fair piece of it will proably fly right over your head. cutscences and production wise its upthere at least aesthetically with the PS2 games.

I like both KHDDD was surprisingly my favorite in the franchise im pretty critical of the franchise as a whole though and from an ARPG franchise KH has always been compared to Ys for me personally. Ys has always impressed me far more with changing the game up keeping it fresh making awesome remakes having an excellent OST. Ys has way harder gameplay that doesnt feel cheap is far more satisfying. just a personal thing ARPG to ARPG Ys is a monster, a hidden niche monster but one none the less.its hard to not compare ARPGs to it.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#5SoeroahPosted 1/11/2013 12:00:21 AM
If you're a Kingdom Hearts fan, DDD. If you've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, Kid Icarus is a lot easier to get in to. It's a stand-alone game whereas DDD is the seventh in a series.

*Sets up chair and popcorn, waits in the thread*
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#6ElectricMolePosted 1/11/2013 12:36:56 AM
dont you mean Kid Icarus:URSN?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#7darkus_fPosted 1/11/2013 12:37:42 AM
Coming from someone who owns both games and has sinked loads of hours into both, Kingdom Hearts 3D handsdown.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549
White2 FC: 0047-1293-2356
#8jeieem18Posted 1/11/2013 12:43:24 AM
KH: DDD if you are a fan of a series and have played the previous games from series..

KI: U If you're good in shooting game...

I have both the games and both of them are good... better get both if you have a chace.
---
Let's say you have some meat, okay? Now, a pirate would chow down on that bad boy, but a hero would share it with everyone!! I want to eat MEAT!!
--- Luffy
#9xoftheuniversePosted 1/11/2013 12:58:08 AM
They are both good games but KI wins for the simple fact that there is a detailed online mode and more content. Offline you can make the game easy by putting it on low levels... and you can commit gaming suicide by trying to survive the hardest stages on 9 :D Online you can either split into teams and play Light Vs Dark, or have a Free for All. You can collect like an endless supply of weapons and with the powers (kinda like magic) it makes for a good time.

Kingdom Hearts DDD is a basic kingdom hearts game with your basic KH gameplay button mash for physical attacks, cast spells but there are two additions. You have the "flowmotion" which lets you do tricks off of rails and stuff for more damaging physical attacks kinda like a dash attack that does a combo on certain spots. Then we have the Pokem... err Dream Eaters which are basically monsters that fight with you and for you. You can also raise them and customize them with paint colors and they level up themselves. There is also an arena for them but that is minor.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#10TehTrumpCardPosted 1/11/2013 1:10:22 AM(edited)
Kid Icarus, it has online and more replay value than KH:DDD. TBQH I haven't been this frustrated overall by a KH game since KH2.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-