The dark days of the 3ds board

#41ugoo18Posted 1/11/2013 1:17:00 PM
Emperor_mateus posted...
Unfortunately I wasn't here when this board was a troll pit. It would be funny to read.
Is it true that the board was actually closed for a few days because the trolling became too much for the mods to handle?

Huh?

Apart from my occasional extended inactive periods of a few days to a few weeks in some cases (Of which i don't post but rather just browse through topics) i have been here since the start when this thing was announced and i don't remember this ever happening. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#42RazieruPosted 1/11/2013 1:31:56 PM(edited)
Ah, the Wii U board, or as someone else would properly phrase it, the "Pii U".

So, a bunch of people on that board are talking about:

> an overpriced system that only offers a measly 8 or 32 GB hard drive and nothing other than the go to generic and overpriced Mario game to play
> system still in its infancy, yet is selling WORSE than the 3DS did (HURRY Pikmin 3) because it has no notable games
> crappy "game tablet" controller with crappy battery life that would do much better as Nintendo's true next gen hand held
> crappy load times given the dedication of RAM and simplicity within the damn system menu(s)

Yep. They sure are "trolls", like you all only know how to label them as. And no - I do not want to bother that ignorance and flat-minded logic of yours.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#43SMASHKING84Posted 1/11/2013 1:25:12 PM
MetalLoki posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
All i'm saying that if you want things to change complain is literally the only way it'll ever happen.

That said the nsmb2 haters need to go to hell,because the complaints aren't even legit.
PMSS is getting a lot of hate because not just because it's not pmttyd 2 but rather the game even taken on it's own is kinda tedious after the first half.

I understand it's hard to listen to complaints but honestly people KEEP bringing up these games to defend them it's gonna draw the haters out,plain and simple. My advice is avoid those boards and this board for a couple months because strife is gonna continue.
Especially with pmss as it's only been out like 2 months.

It took a full year for people to stop whining about super mario 3dland(well the majority stopped anyway)

I can scream at the sky but there is no way in hell that it will turn neon green with toxic yellow highlights so how would screaming at the ground be somehow better?

Gamefaqs is the ground and no get over yourself because b****** everyday here won't do anything. Again just don't buy the games if you hate them so much because imo people that whine about the games before they come out and still buy them knowing they will hate them are stupid.

Sorry but i'm gonna sit here and enjoy the irony of you complaining thinking it'll change my attitude.

Regardless you're forgetting one crucial detail,we CANNOT be 100% sure we will like a game without playing it.

Besides have you never excepted a game to be terrible,played it and enjoyed it?
Another thing is that if complaining doesn't work then explain how the mass effect ending got changed or project rain fall got 2 of the 3 games it wanted in america.

Hell if it weren't for complainers then america wouldn't exist as independent nation from england...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#44mjc0961Posted 1/11/2013 1:28:19 PM
Emperor_mateus posted...
Is it true that the board was actually closed for a few days because the trolling became too much for the mods to handle?

Doubt it. There's never too much trolling for the mods to handle. They never handle even the slightest amount of trolling. Again, just go look at the Wii U board. They don't even TRY, and since they don't try to reign it in, it's impossible for there to be too much to handle.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#45MetalLokiPosted 1/11/2013 1:30:16 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
MetalLoki posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
All i'm saying that if you want things to change complain is literally the only way it'll ever happen.

That said the nsmb2 haters need to go to hell,because the complaints aren't even legit.
PMSS is getting a lot of hate because not just because it's not pmttyd 2 but rather the game even taken on it's own is kinda tedious after the first half.

I understand it's hard to listen to complaints but honestly people KEEP bringing up these games to defend them it's gonna draw the haters out,plain and simple. My advice is avoid those boards and this board for a couple months because strife is gonna continue.
Especially with pmss as it's only been out like 2 months.

It took a full year for people to stop whining about super mario 3dland(well the majority stopped anyway)

I can scream at the sky but there is no way in hell that it will turn neon green with toxic yellow highlights so how would screaming at the ground be somehow better?

Gamefaqs is the ground and no get over yourself because b****** everyday here won't do anything. Again just don't buy the games if you hate them so much because imo people that whine about the games before they come out and still buy them knowing they will hate them are stupid.

Sorry but i'm gonna sit here and enjoy the irony of you complaining thinking it'll change my attitude.

Regardless you're forgetting one crucial detail,we CANNOT be 100% sure we will like a game without playing it.

Besides have you never excepted a game to be terrible,played it and enjoyed it?
Another thing is that if complaining doesn't work then explain how the mass effect ending got changed or project rain fall got 2 of the 3 games it wanted in america.

Hell if it weren't for complainers then america wouldn't exist as independent nation from england...

It would only be ironic if you weren't here but yeah keep b****** and thinking you and all the other babies are part of some group that can make everyone else a hivemind of s***.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#46SMASHKING84Posted 1/11/2013 1:33:56 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...

Doubt it. There's never too much trolling for the mods to handle. They never handle even the slightest amount of trolling. Again, just go look at the Wii U board. They don't even TRY, and since they don't try to reign it in, it's impossible for there to be too much to handle.

i really hope this message doesn't get deleted because i agree 100%

gamefaqs is THE worst when it comes to moderation.

What kinda mods take the attitude "if user isn't reported she/he isn't are problem"

GOOD mods looks for violators and don't spend 99% of the day j***ing off on the social boards,instead.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#47nintendoveteranPosted 1/11/2013 1:36:41 PM(edited)
mjc0961 posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...

One time, I legitimately saw a topic a mod made, where he was getting trolled. Pretty transparent too. The people were asking "why don't the mods do something about this guy" since he was a notorious troll. The mod said "You can't really do anything about people like this. He's just trying to annoy everyone, you gotta just ignore him".

So he was trolling? And isn't that against the rules. He was a mod. He's supposed to stop rulebreakers. He just explained how he exploited a loophole by breaking a rule by it's definition.
---
I should go to a board where people discuss things I hate, so I can complain about them. Please take me seriously!
#48Xcalibur02Posted 1/11/2013 1:36:35 PM
BoundtotheEarth posted...
Hey guys, remember when some people wanted a 2DS?

Those people can **** off just like the people who rip on the Wii U for the gamepad can **** off. Yeah guys, let's get rid of the ENTIRE point of the console.

****ing ridiculous.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#49ugoo18Posted 1/11/2013 1:39:32 PM(edited)
Every system has it's dark days, some longer (Vita) than others. However once that system gets past the launch period when trolls are at their most resillient due to several things such as

- Only a select few people actually know what they are talking about in relation to the capabilities of a system. However they either get shouted down by the overly vocal but highly stupid trolling minority or simply quit trying to deal with the trolling and decide to leave them be because eventually the games and sales will shut them up.

- Fans of the system are much more defensive of their new purchase and are more likely to bite or snap back out of frustration caused by a vocal stupid trolling minority.

- New trolls are born due to mob mentality

- Trolls can also hide behind the "im a fan but it's obvious to me" or some variant of that to spread their trolling

The level of trolling generally decreases greatly. Once it's first or so set of quality titles start rolling out then it becomes harder to troll the system because

- Info about what the system is capable of is more freely available

- The games are there to backup what those few knowledgeable members were saying all along.

- Ever increasing sales start to hack away at the old sales bomb argument unless it's in a Vita situation where tanking sales keep preventing the system from getting out of those dark days.

Once E3 comes and goes the WiiU will become much much harder to troll effectively. Till then the members who visit that board simply have to weather the storm, the Vita on the other hand needs an exorcism or something for that board because Sony definitely isn't helping matters.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#50Lupin the 4thPosted 1/11/2013 1:41:44 PM
Razieru posted...
Ah, the Wii U board, or as someone else would properly phrase it, the "Pii U".

So, a bunch of people on that board are talking about:

> an overpriced system that only offers a measly 8 or 32 GB hard drive and nothing other than the go to generic and overpriced Mario game to play
> system still in its infancy, yet is selling WORSE than the 3DS did (HURRY Pikmin 3) because it has no notable games
> crappy "game tablet" controller with crappy battery life that would do much better as Nintendo's true next gen hand held
> crappy load times given the dedication of RAM and simplicity within the damn system menu(s)

Yep. They sure are "trolls", like you all only know how to label them as. And no - I do not want to bother that ignorance and flat-minded logic of yours.

It's one thing to complain about it ONCE. It's another to keep coming back to whine about the same thing every single day with the sole purpose of annoying people. Particularly if anybody makes a positive topic about said game or system....and you just have to inject your oh so important negative opinion you've spouted for the 100th time. Because if people are enjoying themselves by talking about things they like, it's your civic duty to kill that fun, right?

Of course you'd know all about that, Raz. I've lurked around these boards quite a bit and almost every post I see from you is the same trolling BS. I know posting this won't stop it, but I figured I'd at least call you out on your crap just once before I add another talentless troll to my ignore list.
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-