Nintendo will finally get my 3DS purchase

#1EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/11/2013 9:57:56 AM
I've always thought about getting a 3DS but I've never pulled the trigger for some odd reason. Now with the Pokemon X/Y being announced along with some other future titles I'm interested in such as Fire Emblem, the 3DS will be in my possession within the next couple of weeks.

Before I bite the bullet, I have a couple questions for you seasoned 3DS owners. What games should I get that will give me a great deal of playtime and replay value? Considering I have decent sized hands, would I be fine with the 3DS or is the 3DS XL worth the extra 50 bucks (I'm not cheap but I wouldn't mind saving the extra money)?

Thanks to those who reply. :)
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#2kukingina2Posted 1/11/2013 10:02:35 AM
kid icarus uprising
Kingdom hearts DDD
Resident Evil Revalations
Unchained Blades
Shin megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tales of the Abyss

I guarantee you those games will last you for awhile
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3whatnow12012Posted 1/11/2013 10:03:20 AM
I am going XL in April I am also going 3DS over the Vita really it shouldnt matter both are almost the same XL or Original but the Original is cheaper 159 compared to 199 also you can get 1 or 2 more games if you go Cheaper Smaller 3DS.

Me I am going XL cause I like the large screen that will be awesome for JRPG games such as Fire Emblem and Soul Hackers.

The Vita dosent have much going for it now and I have Persona 4 on my PS2 so I am going 3DS XL Flame this April and Fire Emblem is my 1st game then Soul Hackers.
#4PerfectAkumaPosted 1/11/2013 10:12:34 AM
If you want 3DS games with tons of replay value, then I got these games for you!

Kid Icarus Uprising
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Mario Kart 7
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Resident Evil Revelations
Code of Princess
Paper Mario Sticker Star (Gets some hate, but it's not a bad game)
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales of the Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
---
My Streetpass ID http://passid.ca/ss929 StreetpassNYC Group http://facebook.com/streetpassnyc
#5EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 10:20:28 AM
Thanks people. I will definitely look into the games that were mentioned. =)
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#6EvonfirePosted 1/11/2013 11:08:58 AM
Go XL man the bigger screens are just so awesome. I can see how people might like the original 3DS because it's smaller and more portable, but I use the official 3ds carrying case anyways so I don't mind the 3ds xl's bigness factor. It's an amazing handheld and even though I've only had it for 2 months I have 10 games.

Right now is an excellent time to buy a 3DS, you will have so many great gaming moments ahead of you to experience. I started with SM3DL, then Z:oot (first time playing this game mind you), then Resident Evil Revelations, Then Code of Princess, and some Mario Kart 7 in between, now I'm playing Kingdom Hearts :DDD. It's one amazing game after the other.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 1/11/2013 11:15:38 AM(edited)
i wouldnt recommend the XL version if you want to play DS games. backwards compatibility looks like crap on the XLs screen. its only better for 3DS games. not only are there mandatory black bars, but the stretched image looks horrible for DS games. Pokemon SoulSilver for instance looks atrocious on an XL. id only recommend XL for those wanting to buy almost purely 3DS games, if youre looking for older games and are mostly investing in that, skip the XL and get the original 3DS, and dont look back. this is coming from someone whos owned both versions of 3DS.
#8pomebearPosted 1/11/2013 11:14:03 AM
Go XL! Personally I'm waiting for a special edition (fingers crossed for the Animal Crossing one..) to come to the US before I make the switch.

As for games, any I mention have already been mentioned, so yeah.
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 1/11/2013 11:18:22 AM(edited)
also let me bring it to your awareness that the build quality is inferior on the 3DS XL. the XL is NOT an upgrade dispite being more money. it is simply another version. its better for 3DS games but worse in looks and really crap for DS and VC games. they used cheaper parts to build it to make the screens bigger. not a dime was spent more building it.
#10saint35Posted 1/11/2013 11:23:19 AM(edited)
Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers
---
Why modern education is failing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6c-HY8dck