Nintendo Force is available

#31JumpmandkPosted 1/11/2013 2:52:34 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Jumpmandk posted...
Print publications are very rare in this day and age, and the cost of doing so is very high. I personally LOVE print, and I'll do anything to see it stick around. Soon physical "Everything" will be gone, and then you will no longer have a choice to make(good or bad).

This is a labor of love, and I don't believe anyone involved is doing this to get "paid". Print publications can only be made cheap when circulation is very high, and advertisements are on every other page.

For those of you who like to read magazines on your nooks, kindles, ipads, smartphones, ect, just get the digital version and be done. I would rather pay 20 dollars a month for a magazine that I know is for the fans, than some rag mag that is just there to make a fast buck from advertising(which is about 95% of every magazine at the newsstand).

My apologies to those of you who don't know what a "newsstand" is, hence the current lack of understanding here!

You're so cool man! Have fun spending your $20 on a magazine!

Yeah, I will have fun spending my 20 on this magazine. It's my money, and I earned it, I can spend 20 dollars on whatever I see fit to spend it on. Almost no one spent 7.00 on NP and that is why that magazine no longer exist.

You are probably one of those guys who spends 500+ on an over priced Apple tablet or phone, and then wonders where all his money has gone and why handheld game sales are down and thinks there is no value in a 20 magazine.

Do what you want with your funds, and I'll do the same.
#32TinyTim123Posted 1/11/2013 2:58:16 PM
Make fun all you want, but I think I'll get one. It is expensive, and I know it to be so. I wonder how much they'll be worth on ebay in a year's time, though...
Also, I do want to see how their subscription plan pans out, and at what cost as well.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#33OoSubaruoOPosted 1/11/2013 4:45:20 PM
Jumpmandk posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Jumpmandk posted...
Print publications are very rare in this day and age, and the cost of doing so is very high. I personally LOVE print, and I'll do anything to see it stick around. Soon physical "Everything" will be gone, and then you will no longer have a choice to make(good or bad).

This is a labor of love, and I don't believe anyone involved is doing this to get "paid". Print publications can only be made cheap when circulation is very high, and advertisements are on every other page.

For those of you who like to read magazines on your nooks, kindles, ipads, smartphones, ect, just get the digital version and be done. I would rather pay 20 dollars a month for a magazine that I know is for the fans, than some rag mag that is just there to make a fast buck from advertising(which is about 95% of every magazine at the newsstand).

My apologies to those of you who don't know what a "newsstand" is, hence the current lack of understanding here!

You're so cool man! Have fun spending your $20 on a magazine!

Yeah, I will have fun spending my 20 on this magazine. It's my money, and I earned it, I can spend 20 dollars on whatever I see fit to spend it on. Almost no one spent 7.00 on NP and that is why that magazine no longer exist.

You are probably one of those guys who spends 500+ on an over priced Apple tablet or phone, and then wonders where all his money has gone and why handheld game sales are down and thinks there is no value in a 20 magazine.

Do what you want with your funds, and I'll do the same.

First, Nintendo stopped production on it because they didn't want to renew their license with Future. Second, I don't buy Apple products, but nice try though.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#34panicbxmbPosted 1/11/2013 10:06:40 PM
i got it for $13 something plus tax, with the HP coupon. Not a great price, but very reasonable for an 80 page print-on-demand magazine.

Really good magazine though. It feels like classic Nintendo Power, through and through. I hope this issue does really well, so they can afford to offer a more reasonably priced subscription rate at some point. I definitely want to see these guys succeed in this endeavor!