ocarina isnt the best game ever made anymore

#81Bancario51Posted 1/12/2013 1:25:59 PM
speaking of soul calibur... wth happened to that series? just getting worse and worse.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#82themegaman7Posted 1/12/2013 1:39:33 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
themegaman7 posted...
I can't really see the appeal in OOT. I find Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, Wind Waker and Zelda 2 all better as far as the series goes.

i could see alttp and maybe mm but the rest of the games you mentioned are weird choices especially aol...

Well I don't care much for Zelda's gameplay style in general, I found Zelda 2's different play style quite a lot more to my liking, I still think Zelda 2 has the best combat in the entire series (and on the NES as far as I'm aware).
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#83Not_King_BooPosted 1/12/2013 1:44:07 PM
Bancario51 posted...
speaking of soul calibur... wth happened to that series? just getting worse and worse.

Maybe it'll be like Sonic - really good, then really bad, then really good again.
#84themegaman7Posted 1/12/2013 1:47:17 PM
Not_King_Boo posted...
Bancario51 posted...

Maybe it'll be like Sonic - really good, then really bad, then really good again.

"Really good" is kind of pushing it imho. It's certainly not bad anymore, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#85forest_wandererPosted 1/12/2013 3:36:59 PM
strongo9 posted...
OoT has a higher rating on Metacritic.

Just goes to show that you can't trust such sites.

Metacritic also uses a weighted scale for its reviews. Sites like Gamestop and IGN factor more into reviews than smaller sites do, for the overall score. Don't believe me? Go read up on it in their FAQs page. "To put it simply, a METASCORE is a weighted average of reviews from top critics and publications for a given movie, TV show, video game, or album."
Gamerankings meanwhile treats every score equally, which gives you the true average of the scores from an aggregate standpoint.

Simply put, Gamerankings is more accurate, and what anyone interested in a game's reviews should be looking at. The only niche Metacritic serves is that it compares review scores for all types of media, not just one type.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#86squatch22Posted 1/12/2013 3:43:01 PM
OoT is still at 99% on Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/legacy
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#87DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/12/2013 3:46:32 PM
Because it actually IS a really good game, people just like to act cool by bashing on it. But it's a great game.

GTA IV was dull and empty. I would say SA was better but that might just be nostalgia talking.

Eh, doesn't matter much anymore. I kinda moved on to Saints Row.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#88Bigmac909Posted 1/12/2013 5:20:33 PM(edited)
SythisTaru posted...
Bigmac909 posted...
TJSpyke posted...
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Hasn't this been a thing for a while?

Also, how the hell is GTA IV anywhere near that high on any platform?

Because it actually IS a really good game, people just like to act cool by bashing on it. But it's a great game.

It's not a great game at all. GTA gives the illusion of being a good game to simple minded people, just because it has so much stuff in it. In reality, the horrible controls and overly simplistic gameplay completely negates any of the perks from stupid stuff like bowling and going on dates. Even the game's main activity, the shooting, is too easy to be considered well done. Then there's the horrible driving, the other main activity, where they tried to make in super realistic and in the end made it harder and more sensitive than driving in real life

Big games =/= good games.

It's the opposite. The controls will seem overly complex to simple minded people.

What? That doesn't even make sense. The way the characters move in response to the control stick just sucks. I didn't mean the game HAS BAD CONTROLS, I meant that it CONTROLS BAD (poorly). Someone's mindedness has nothing to do with technically flawed inputs and physics. It DOES have something to do with falling for quantity>quality.

If you're going to try to "turn around" my argument and use it on me, then it should at least make sense.

Also, if you wanna talk about the actual layout and implementation, then let's! So... you're saying that somebody who's simple-minded can't alternatively press Lt and Rt to kill everything in sight?
---
Eh, it's like 2 or 3 people who post a lot, making it look like more people hate the game than is actually true. -LordRattergun
#89VyersPosted 1/12/2013 5:41:09 PM
Here's the proper ranking of that list.

1. The Orange Box
2. Half-Life 2
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2
4. World of Goo
5. SoulCalibur
6. Persona 4 Golden
7. Portal 2
8. The Legend of Zelda; The Wind Waker
9. Metroid Prime
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
11. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
12. Half-Life
13. BioShock
14. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
15. Red Dead Redemption
16. Ninja Gaiden Black
17. Super Mario Galaxy
18. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
19. Resident Evil 4
20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
21. Super Mario 64
22. Grand Theft Auto III
23. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
24. GoldenEye 007
26. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
27. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
28. Halo: Combat Evolved
29. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
30. LittleBigPlanet
31. NFL 2K1
32. Mass Effect 2
33. Halo 2
34. Batman: Arkham City
35. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
36. Grand Theft Auto IV
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#90Carbuncle009Posted 1/12/2013 5:43:12 PM
Why the heck is Resident Evil 4 on that list twice?!
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw