For people complaining about the predictable plot in mario games

#11Hercik1Posted 1/12/2013 8:00:11 PM
I think someone played a little too much braid and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc26EKhZNyM
#12SpaceDesperado(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:12:53 PM
i've never played braid, why do i have a feeling when i eventually get around to it i will figure out the plot because of your post? thanks a lot BRO
#13DemonDog666Posted 1/14/2013 12:49:24 AM(edited)
lol this reminds me of braid, from your perspective you are trying to save the princess but in reality you were trying to kidnap her and it's only in the end the pieces fall into place.

Wait, are you the developer of braid? You seem to share his views given the similarities between the stories.
#14jovewolfPosted 1/14/2013 1:01:23 AM
I see your question and raise you ``Why do people care about the plot of a Mario game?"

Do we really need some grand excuse to go around stomping on turtles and eating magic mushrooms?

Heck they could make the story that Mario needs to go to store to pick up some munchies for all I care.

(Actually I think Sega already used that plot for Alex Kidd once...)
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#15DemonDog666Posted 1/14/2013 1:03:02 AM
jovewolf posted...
I see your question and raise you ``Why do people care about the plot of a Mario game?"

Do we really need some grand excuse to go around stomping on turtles and eating magic mushrooms?

Heck they could make the story that Mario needs to go to store to pick up some munchies for all I care.

(Actually I think Sega already used that plot for Alex Kidd once...)

While I don't believe games need grand excuses to do what they do, when you reuse the same plot 60 times it's just meh.