Etrian Odyssey 3?

#1talesfan215Posted 1/11/2013 11:38:15 PM
When people say you draw the map, what exactly does that mean? Just walking over the area and see the area appear maybe, like in Unchained Blades?
#2BuretsuPosted 1/11/2013 11:39:19 PM
No, you actually have to use the stylus to draw the lines on the dungeon map. It's a call back to all the traditional RPGs where people would draw out their own maps on a sheet of graphing paper.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#31upsuperPosted 1/11/2013 11:42:56 PM(edited)
No, that is called auto-mapping. In EO, you use paintbrush and line tools to shade in and draw the boundary lines, add icons for doors, passageways, event spaces, etc. Some people don't like it, but a lot do, including myself, and harkens back to the old days of drawing your own maps, but this is a streamlined way of doing so that's right on your screen.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#4oldhbk76Posted 1/11/2013 11:41:39 PM
you have to draw the physical map with stylus
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#5danmiy12Posted 1/12/2013 12:52:31 AM(edited)
in older games like phantasy star 1,wizardry,etc...you don't even get a map on the bottom screen some if the company who makes the game feels like it, you never see it at all...many times its the latter you don't ever see the map built into the game, this basically means you have to make one yourself with pencil and paper <tedious but required> and save them all so you don't get lost on future playthoughs of that area..

doing it blind <meaning being lazy and not getting paper and pencil to draw your map while playing> meant getting lost and getting overwhelmed by the high random encounter rate and no saves and being unable to find the exit to town <Where you can save>... so it was common to get graph paper from the store and pencil and draw the map by hand and imagine where you are in the maps...

Etrian Odyssey follows these old school traditions by making you draw your own map...but at least you don't have to go to the store to buy graph paper it's always on the bottom screen you still have to draw all the wall and traps manually...and it saves all your maps and shows you where you are <so it isn't as bad as it was in the genre it was trying to mimic>
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
#6aamotPosted 1/12/2013 7:17:04 AM
And outside of maybe 2 instances, you don't have to draw perfect maps. You can let the auto-mapping do most of the work for you after leaving the first floor.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833