I'm glad I'm too lazy to learn japanese

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I'm glad I'm too lazy to learn japanese
4 years ago#1
That way I don't have to feel bad about region locking >_>
4 years ago#2
My friend's glad he's not into gaming. That way he doesn't have to spend money on them.
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
4 years ago#3
I wish I knew Japanese.
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
4 years ago#4
Even if you were fluent in Japanese, you can expect to pay $90-100 per game if you want to import.
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
4 years ago#5
MrFwibbles posted...
Even if you were fluent in Japanese, you can expect to pay $90-100 per game if you want to import.

Lol, that's such a lie.
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
4 years ago#6
Lord_Frood posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

Lol, that's such a lie.

I'm from europe

I imported 999 from the US and Jump Super Stars from Japan over ebay. I payed approx 25 euro including postage for each... so... It cost pretty much the same as here ( I bought them used, but I do it with european games as well, so.... whatever)
4 years ago#7
Lord_Frood posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

Lol, that's such a lie.

What are you talking about? Game prices are higher, presumably because the yen is stronger. Have you imported new games? They tend to run 70USD plus S&H. And then it's a long wait depending on your location. The cheapest import game I've ever bought ran around 30USD, but it was a commercial failure (an enhanced port for DS).
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
4 years ago#8
Lord_Frood posted...
Lol, that's such a lie.

Then please show me where I can get Bravely Default for less than $90 including shipping.

Edit: I made a mistake. I just checked my research and the price range is $73-100. Still about twice the cost of a US release, though.
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
4 years ago#9
I know Japanese and I don't mind the region locking because I have a Japanese 3DS, lol. The region lock pretty much affects only the people who don't know Japanese (and thus probably don't find it worth it to import a Japanese system) and just want to import the occasional Japan-only oddity. And Europeans and Australians who get shafted with localizations, but that's another story.
4 years ago#10
MrFwibbles posted...

Yeah that's just not true, I've got quite a number of different import titles, some used some new and I have never paid more than it would cost to buy a new game over here.

Maybe if you are trying to buy a rare game it might be a little higher but that's to be expected, the vast majority of imports you will be paying near enough what you'd pay if they were released in your own country
Steam ID: slayerjon1 PSN: slayerjon1
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I'm glad I'm too lazy to learn japanese

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived