I'm glad I'm too lazy to learn japanese

#1GeorgeyPeorgeyPosted 1/12/2013 3:26:31 AM
That way I don't have to feel bad about region locking >_>
#221_21Posted 1/12/2013 7:06:07 AM
My friend's glad he's not into gaming. That way he doesn't have to spend money on them.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#3lunchEATSyouPosted 1/12/2013 7:11:45 AM
I wish I knew Japanese.
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#4MrFwibblesPosted 1/12/2013 9:41:54 AM
Even if you were fluent in Japanese, you can expect to pay $90-100 per game if you want to import.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
#5Lord_FroodPosted 1/12/2013 9:43:37 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
Even if you were fluent in Japanese, you can expect to pay $90-100 per game if you want to import.

Lol, that's such a lie.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#6fuzi11Posted 1/12/2013 9:53:58 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

Lol, that's such a lie.

I'm from europe

I imported 999 from the US and Jump Super Stars from Japan over ebay. I payed approx 25 euro including postage for each... so... It cost pretty much the same as here ( I bought them used, but I do it with european games as well, so.... whatever)
#7zinformantPosted 1/12/2013 10:16:33 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
MrFwibbles posted...

Lol, that's such a lie.

What are you talking about? Game prices are higher, presumably because the yen is stronger. Have you imported new games? They tend to run 70USD plus S&H. And then it's a long wait depending on your location. The cheapest import game I've ever bought ran around 30USD, but it was a commercial failure (an enhanced port for DS).
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#8MrFwibblesPosted 1/12/2013 10:34:47 AM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...
Lol, that's such a lie.

Then please show me where I can get Bravely Default for less than $90 including shipping.

Edit: I made a mistake. I just checked my research and the price range is $73-100. Still about twice the cost of a US release, though.

---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
#9ItemBreakPosted 1/12/2013 10:41:56 AM(edited)
I know Japanese and I don't mind the region locking because I have a Japanese 3DS, lol. The region lock pretty much affects only the people who don't know Japanese (and thus probably don't find it worth it to import a Japanese system) and just want to import the occasional Japan-only oddity. And Europeans and Australians who get shafted with localizations, but that's another story.
#10Kaiser292Posted 1/12/2013 10:44:17 AM
MrFwibbles posted...

Yeah that's just not true, I've got quite a number of different import titles, some used some new and I have never paid more than it would cost to buy a new game over here.

Maybe if you are trying to buy a rare game it might be a little higher but that's to be expected, the vast majority of imports you will be paying near enough what you'd pay if they were released in your own country
---
Steam ID: slayerjon1 PSN: slayerjon1