Virtue's Last Reward or Kid Icarus Uprising?

#1NoHeartXPosted 1/12/2013 6:20:19 AM
So, hello Gamefaqs.

I'm looking to buy a game for my 3DS, and I want to choose between those two. If it helps, I've already played 999. I can get both,but not at the same time. Which would you guys rather suggest?

I'm also thinking of just saving up for MH3U, so yeah. Any suggestions are much needed.

Thanks.
---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."
--- Albert Einstein
#2MEFreak1984Posted 1/12/2013 6:36:28 AM
Either Virtue, or save for MH3U. But, If you like strategy games, pick up Fire Emblem when it comes out. I was disappointed by KI:U, I though the voice actors were irritating, the controls were "Weird", and the story goes almost nowhere.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: FangBanga84
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks"
#3surferguy7Posted 1/12/2013 6:37:56 AM
Do you want an incredibly awesome story and interesting puzzle segments? Get Virtue's Last Reward.

Do you want a hilarious stylish action game with a lot of replay value? Get Kid Icarus Uprising.

But honestly, get both soon enough. You might as well go for VLR because that game might become rare.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#4zinformantPosted 1/12/2013 6:39:25 AM
You tell me. More folks here will suggest Kid Icarus, so ask yourself if you want more 999 now or later. VLR is a 30-40hr game and will keep you busy.
Re: VLR, a couple things you may want to know...
-no weird ending requirements like 999
--instead, you hit story locks that turn green once you get the correct information needed to unlock them
-do not save in escape sections to try to avoid freezing
-avoid the boards because they're full of spoilers
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#5lifelackPosted 1/12/2013 6:42:48 AM
I have both and I prefer VLR. Kid Icarus is good to great but it's way too much overhyped. And it will potentialy kill your L button.
#6abbyhitterPosted 1/12/2013 7:31:50 AM
VLR
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#7Lord_FroodPosted 1/12/2013 8:53:10 AM
VLR by far. Not dissing on KI, you should get that too some time later.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#8NoHeartX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:41:35 AM
Oh okay. Thanks for helping me decide, I guess? I hope that MH3U will be released soon though. It still has no release date on gamefaqs. :c
---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."
--- Albert Einstein
#9panicbxmbPosted 1/12/2013 9:47:07 AM
Two of my favorites. If you already played/liked 999, definitely get VLR first. You gotta eventually get Kid Icarus though.

Everyone needs to play Kid Icarus at some point. :)
#10Zero_ManiacPosted 1/12/2013 9:53:32 AM
panicbxmb posted...
Two of my favorites. If you already played/liked 999, definitely get VLR first. You gotta eventually get Kid Icarus though.

Everyone needs to play Kid Icarus at some point. :)

Not everyone likes KI.
---
Currently wanting: A lot of Vita games/accessories!
PSN: Zero_Maniac623