Exactally whats the highest SD card can the 3ds go?

#1Darkstorm16Posted 1/12/2013 8:55:32 AM
I was thinking of going all digital (when available) because I overlooked at the reason I didn't want to go digital and it seemed dumb to me. I always take care of my gadgets so I don't have to worry about losing and by the time my system does burn out chances are I wouldn't be able to find another system New unless I want to pay $400 or higher by the time that happens. The game cases and manuals are so cheap compared to even the ds (heck I remember when manuals where like novels ...*sigh* good ol' days). Sure if retail is the only option I wouldn't mind getting retail I was just saying. Anyways back to the question, what's the biggest SD card can the 3ds hold?
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#2BaronSolacePosted 1/12/2013 9:07:59 AM
i got a 32gb in mine
---
PSN - BaronVonSolace 3DS - Quin - 1977-0491-7773
#3Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:13:17 AM
I have a 16 GB and idk if its enough, i mean there's VC games and 3dsware that i'm interested in and plus idk how many blocks they use up mixed with the retail
---
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#4dizanimatorPosted 1/12/2013 9:14:24 AM
Nintendo says 32GB, and that's what I have in mine. However, I have seen reports of people using 128GB SD cards that were formatted to FAT32.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184255
It's probably fine, but I don't know if there will be any issues later with system updates blocking larger cards.
#5Not_King_BooPosted 1/12/2013 9:21:17 AM
According to Nintendo, only SD and SDHC cards will work with the Nintendo 3DS. These go up to 32 GB.

However, if you have an SDXC card and format it to FAT32, that will also work. These currently go up to 256 GB (which, for the record, is almost 2 million blocks). Theoretically, they can go up to 2 TB (over 15 million blocks), but we are several years away from this point.
#6Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:44:20 AM
Also i quit with the method of selling games (i mean why get a game that your not going to replay) and i have no one ro borrow (most of my friends are ps3 or pc gamers)
---