Best/most convenient way to sell a 3DS?

#1TendoninPosted 1/12/2013 10:39:42 AM
No, I'm not here to vent any dissatisfaction. It's just that I'm crazy enough to consider upgrading to the Fire Emblem bundle.

It's an aqua blue system with the usual signs of wear, and the volume slider sticks a bit, but other than that it works fine. I'm pretty sure GameStop's offer is laughable, though I am curious what it is for reference. My only qualm with eBay is that I've never sold anything on it before, and don't want to screw anything up. I also may have a couple friends I could make an offer to, but I'd need to figure out a fair price.
---
AC:CF Info: Tendo in Tazmily
FC: 3308-8025-4715
#2lunchEATSyouPosted 1/12/2013 10:53:09 AM(edited)
If you sell your 3DS without doing a system transfer, you will lose everything (Street Pass, e-shop and Virtual Console games etc.)

The most convenient is to buy the Fire Emblem 3DS at Gamestop, then take it home to do a system transfer. (As long as you ask, they will let you do this) Then, you can trade in your 3DS and get a rebate.

or:

Buy Fire Emblem 3DS from any retail store, then do a system transfer at home. Finally, you can sell your old 3DS with the possiblity of getting a better price from it.
---
"Are you kidding me? Japan hates anything American. The US bombed their ass and they are also xenophobic."
-ElGado, pride of the Wii U board
#3Tendonin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 11:22:16 AM
Yeah, selling it after doing a system transfer was the plan from the beginning.
---
AC:CF Info: Tendo in Tazmily
FC: 3308-8025-4715
#4DonomegaPosted 1/12/2013 11:29:26 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
If you sell your 3DS without doing a system transfer, you will lose everything (Street Pass, e-shop and Virtual Console games etc.)

The most convenient is to buy the Fire Emblem 3DS at Gamestop, then take it home to do a system transfer. (As long as you ask, they will let you do this) Then, you can trade in your 3DS and get a rebate.

or:

Buy Fire Emblem 3DS from any retail store, then do a system transfer at home. Finally, you can sell your old 3DS with the possiblity of getting a better price from it.

Correct, they let me do a 3ds to 3ds XL system transfer and then return my old 3ds
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
Xbox Live: RobDaCool
#5TheRealItachiPosted 1/12/2013 11:49:26 AM
Ebay takes a huge chunk of your sale price though unfortunately.
---
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/ItachiSign.jpg