These games any good?

#1WizardofHothPosted 1/12/2013 10:44:46 AM
Starfox 64 3D
PilotWings Resort
Dragon Quest VI
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 1/12/2013 10:46:53 AM
Starfox 64 3D - very barebones. only get it if you reeeaaallly loved the original.
PilotWings Resort - decent amount of content. only worth it if you can get it for $10 or less.
Dragon Quest VI - can't comment.
#3WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 10:58:22 AM
Reason why I ask about Dragon Quest VI is I've been seeing it alot in stores like at Kmart and Walmart and Best Buy along with Dragon Quest IX. Trying to figure out which one to get
#4MATADOR480Posted 1/12/2013 11:06:52 AM
I would go with Dragon Quest IX. I played all of the DS DQ games and 6 was the only one I didn't complete. Not a bad game at all, its just meh. I guess when I compare it to the others. DQ 5 is by far my favorite and may be my favorite jrpg ever. 6 just didn't do it for me I guess, a lot of aimless wandering. 9 was excellent except that the story was pretty bare bones. Just read some reviews and they will give you a better idea of which game you will enjoy more.
Or watch a few video reviews on YouTube so you can better make a decision. Good luck.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#5aamotPosted 1/12/2013 11:08:27 AM
As for Dragon Quests, I hated VI but loved IX. IX takes the old school foundation and upgrades it with modern sensibility, where VI is just old school through and through. Slow, static battles. Frequent random battles. Low attack damage coupled with high enemy HP.

Some people love it because it's so old school, but it was too aged for me.

Dragon Quest IX is an original DS game, where VI is a remake from the SNES. DQIX does a lot right, but it has a very weak story and personality-less party members. Everything outside of IX's story is excellent.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#6WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:00:34 PM
LOL at you complaining about aimless wandering in a RPG game.

That's the whole point in an RPG game. so called "aimless" wandering around. That's what you're supposed to do in an RGP Game ever since the first 6 Final Fantasy games
#7Bancario51Posted 1/12/2013 2:02:49 PM
Can live without
Can live without
Cannot live without.. Ooooooooooh~
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#8sockesockePosted 1/12/2013 2:05:40 PM
starfox 64 3d is a good game (might be even better if you played the original, for nostalgic reasons).
dragon quest 6 is an awesome and very long rpg, not my fave in the series though. if youre new to the series start with 4.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#9WizardofHoth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 2:48:34 PM
Well can't start with Drargon Quest IV since its really not in stores anymore.

I keep seeing Dragon Quest VI alot in stores like Beset Buy, Walmart, SHopko and Toys R us. That and Dragon Quest IX.

So its really hard for me to decide on getting just one Dragon Quest game to get into that series but since Dragon Quest VI is based on the old SNES Dragon Quest game then I should get that
#10sockesockePosted 1/12/2013 3:22:35 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Well can't start with Drargon Quest IV since its really not in stores anymore.

I keep seeing Dragon Quest VI alot in stores like Beset Buy, Walmart, SHopko and Toys R us. That and Dragon Quest IX.

So its really hard for me to decide on getting just one Dragon Quest game to get into that series but since Dragon Quest VI is based on the old SNES Dragon Quest game then I should get that

try to buy it online if you can. and yes dragon quest 6 is based on the snes original, part 5 is based on the japan only ps2 remake of the snes game and dragon quest 4 is based on the japan only ps1 remake which is a remake of the original nes game.
i recommended dragon quest 4 since its the most simple game (in terms of gameplay) and it would prepare you well for the other games in the series. its also my fave, dragon quest. 9 isnt a bad game by any means but aside from music, art design and some gameplay mechanics its very different from the others. it actually feels more like an mmorpg than a traditional dragon quest.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke