Thinking of getting Black 2, anything I should know beforehand?

#1demonfang178Posted 1/12/2013 12:08:55 PM
Haven't played a Pokemon game since...Ruby? Has it really been that long?

Additionally, how grindheavy is it and how is the online?
#2SMASHKING84Posted 1/12/2013 12:25:56 PM
It's kinda grind heavy it's not as bad as gen 1 but the lack of the vs seeker means you can only battle the daily trainers elite 4 and breaders more than once.

I wouldn't know what online is like i stopped playing online after hg/ss
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#3JeroisourosinPosted 1/12/2013 12:30:21 PM
1.GET EXP.SHARE! makes the grinding somewhat less painful.
2.Be sure your at a reasonable level before challenging gym leaders as they will be tough.
3.Save. Alot.
It's a fun game if your prepared for the constant surprise battles that show up,you will enjoy it,the world tournament was a great add.
---
I don't hate the product,I hate the fanboys the product creates.
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#4AIvinnPosted 1/12/2013 12:31:44 PM
I'd suggest playing Black 1 first, unles that's not possible for you.
---
2234 - 7206 - 6271 [3DS]
Twitter: Scrafties
#5EternalNetherPosted 1/12/2013 12:37:04 PM(edited)
It's not grindheavy at all, really. I've found previous gens to be much worse, and more challenging to keep a large team at the same level. But Black/White introduced Audino, a Pokemon that gives an absurd amount of EXP and makes it easy to keep your team up to snuff throughout the game. Later on when you get the lucky egg, using that on Audino is so cheap it's almost criminal.

Anyway, Gen V is my favorite generation so far (with 2 being my second favorite and 4 right behind that) and the series has changed quite a lot since Ruby. There are tons of new online features that would take far too long for me to list here. But trading and battling is easier than its ever been before.

Black 2 and White 2 impress me so much, and it's really just the little things that make the overall game seem better. The animated sprites and the more dynamic camera in battles, the world is more alive than in any game before it, the pacing of the game is great, gym leaders feel like they're actually doing something instead of just being useless, etc.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the Pokemon World Tournament. It's an amazing addition to the game that lets you battle against icons from past games.

EDIT 2: Some other great additions to Black/White and Black 2/White 2...TMs are reusable now, so you can use them infinitely, HMs are no longer required for most of the game, and you can delete them from your move list, they're not permanent anymore.
#6demonfang178(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 1:03:38 PM
AIvinn posted...
I'd suggest playing Black 1 first, unles that's not possible for you.

I'd prefer whatever has the more active online.

Thanks for the info everyone.
#7WizardofHothPosted 1/12/2013 1:06:36 PM
Here's what I think of Pokemon Black 2 where I've been playing the very beginning and already got a female Psyduck, the weird sheep with a tail with a ball, some weird dark blue walking bi pedal farm animal, a little dog pokemon and a bird pokemon.

It reminds me of playing Pokemon Fire Red all over again.

So far no fancy 3D gameplay or anything so far. To me its just like playing an old gameboy advance Pokemon game all over again anyway
#8EternalNetherPosted 1/12/2013 1:12:53 PM
WizardofHoth posted...
Here's what I think of Pokemon Black 2 where I've been playing the very beginning and already got a female Psyduck, the weird sheep with a tail with a ball, some weird dark blue walking bi pedal farm animal, a little dog pokemon and a bird pokemon.

It reminds me of playing Pokemon Fire Red all over again.

So far no fancy 3D gameplay or anything so far. To me its just like playing an old gameboy advance Pokemon game all over again anyway

The game isn't in full 3D, although obviously Pokemon X and Y will be. However, there are some spectacular sights to take in later on. Unova is a beautiful region. Castelia City is enormous and is the first Pokemon city to be completely 3D. It feels alive. There's also that huge bridge (can't remember the name of it) that you can go to post-game. It's the same bridge you actually go over in order to get to Castelia in Black and White 1. In Black and White 2 you get to the city from the opposite side and that bridge is closed off until post game.