As a person with slightly larger than average hands

#1Mister_SockyPosted 1/12/2013 5:50:23 PM(edited)
Should I be aiming for the XL or the original? I just tested my sisters original 3DS, however my right hand felt a bit sore after, but I'm not sure if that's my carpal tunnel, the fact I haven't used a hand held in 4 years or if it's because my hands are just to big for the original. I'd like to save the most money possible, meaning if it is just my carpal tunnel kicking in from typing all day, then I'll grab the original.

EDIT: Oh, and also if you guys wouldn't mind, could you recommend some games? I plan on getting Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart
---
Steam/SC2 ID: Frost
#2EM_MegaPosted 1/12/2013 5:54:29 PM
Try playing with her 3DS for 2-3 hours a day for a week and see how your hands feel after that.

I personally have rather abnormally long fingers, but I can still hold a regular 3DS comfortably with no issues.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#3xKonstantinePosted 1/12/2013 5:55:38 PM
I have an original and while it's alright for me, my boyfriend says that when he gets a 3DS, he'll most likely go for the XL. I think if your hands are on the bigger side, go with the XL. I've heard this and that about both versions and they're probably both fine.
As for some games, if you're into any of these: Harvest Moon, Resident Evil, Heroes of Ruin, lots of good rhythm games, Code of Princess. I'm waiting for 999 to arrive in the mail, I've heard it's awesome as well as Virtue's Last Reward. Good luck!
---
Vansky
X360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS (FC: 3625 - 8023 - 2231)
#4Mister_Socky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:56:07 PM
Alright, I'll try that. And it's not that my hands are wide, it's like you said, I have really long, boney fingers
---
#5Mister_Socky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 6:56:24 PM
bump
---
#6Buttery_ToastPosted 1/12/2013 7:25:35 PM
I've got pretty big hands and my regular 3DS only hurts my hands if i'm playing like, 4 or more hours straight.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Fate/Extra
#7BrianCraigSmithPosted 1/12/2013 7:37:57 PM
Mister_Socky posted...
Should I be aiming for the XL or the original?

LOL. Obviously go with the XL. I had the same issue when I played my cousin's 3DS and my hands got cramped up. 3DS XL feels great; more natural for me. The games I have are:

Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Star Fox 64 3D
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#8xLinkkuPosted 1/12/2013 7:38:51 PM
Mister_Socky posted...
Alright, I'll try that. And it's not that my hands are wide, it's like you said, I have really long, boney fingers

You wont like the regular 3DS. Trust me.

I've got the same kinda hands you described, long, boney fingers. When I play a game with the D-Pad, my thumb starts to ache from having to "shorten" the distance my thumb can go due to the position of the D-pad.

I'm upgrading to an XL in the next week.
---
Official Fennekin of the Pokemon X/Y boards
3DS FC: Bryan 4296-3998-3033
#9Mister_Socky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 7:45:33 PM
Perfect, thanks guys!
---
#10EM_MegaPosted 1/12/2013 11:46:59 PM
Personally I prefer the more compact style of the 3DS with my long and thin fingers, but it's your choice.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom