What type of RPG gamer are you? Which am I?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What type of RPG gamer are you? Which am I?
3 years ago#1
I tend to like games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy's such as FF7 and those Crystal Chronicle ones, But I can't enjoy Tales of the Abyss that much. It feels like a chore and I'm 40 hours in since March and I can't bring myself to beat it. I bought into the hype of this board...Will I like a game like Persona 4?
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (people unacquainted with the affairs of the world)
3 years ago#2
Turn based traditional jrpgs seem to be your RPG of choice and I agree with you. I haven't been able to get into ToA at all. Star Ocean games also intrigued me but I just can't get into them. But I did like ffxii and xenoblade.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
3 years ago#3
mnemeth2005 posted...
Turn based traditional jrpgs seem to be your RPG of choice and I agree with you. I haven't been able to get into ToA at all. Star Ocean games also intrigued me but I just can't get into them. But I did like ffxii and xenoblade.

Thanks for the response!
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (people unacquainted with the affairs of the world)
3 years ago#4
You'll probably like Persona 4. There's other shin megami tensei games that are kinda like pokemon except with demons. I don't like the tales games that much either.
3 years ago#5
VerySolidusSnak posted...
mnemeth2005 posted...

Thanks for the response!

No prob. Sorry I didn't actually respond in regards to Persona but previous poster was right. Its a good series.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
3 years ago#6
i'm into turn based and strategy
loves action rpgs but hate games with a atb guage and i used to love pm...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
3 years ago#7
I don't know, I dislike Pokemon

I loved FF1-12, Tales of Graces/Abyss, Nier, Persona, Other SMT games, 999, Disgaea

Honestly, there aren't really "types" of RPGamers, it's just that some games you don't like even though it's a preferred genre of yours. Like how people don't play every kind of FPS/Rhythm/genre. The only difference is if you prefer SRPGs or WRPGs or ARPGs or _RPGs
---
I don't know what it's called, but I constantly get into something and the next day I end up not caring about it at all. It's a good thing I never got into pets
3 years ago#8
I exclusively play turn-based RPGs (including SRPGs). I don't enjoy action RPGs at all.
A majority of the RPGs I own are SMT. I don't feel sufficiently challenged by most other RPG series.
The other RPGs I have are Disgaea games, and some other games by Sting.

What kind of RPG gamer am I? I'm guessing Turn-based Hardcore or something?
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
3 years ago#9
I can't stand Turnbased games. But I love RPGs. Things like Xenogears and Parasite Eve is what I look for. Too bad there aren't enough of those types of games.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
3 years ago#10
I honestly can't see any wrpg gamers in this board.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What type of RPG gamer are you? Which am I?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived