What type of RPG gamer are you? Which am I?

#1VerySolidusSnakPosted 1/12/2013 5:11:07 PM
I tend to like games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy's such as FF7 and those Crystal Chronicle ones, But I can't enjoy Tales of the Abyss that much. It feels like a chore and I'm 40 hours in since March and I can't bring myself to beat it. I bought into the hype of this board...Will I like a game like Persona 4?
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (people unacquainted with the affairs of the world)
#2mnemeth2005Posted 1/12/2013 5:18:38 PM
Turn based traditional jrpgs seem to be your RPG of choice and I agree with you. I haven't been able to get into ToA at all. Star Ocean games also intrigued me but I just can't get into them. But I did like ffxii and xenoblade.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
#3VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 5:20:30 PM
mnemeth2005 posted...
Turn based traditional jrpgs seem to be your RPG of choice and I agree with you. I haven't been able to get into ToA at all. Star Ocean games also intrigued me but I just can't get into them. But I did like ffxii and xenoblade.

Thanks for the response!
---
Gamefaqs: Home of the troglodytes (people unacquainted with the affairs of the world)
#4kickmesignPosted 1/12/2013 5:23:57 PM
You'll probably like Persona 4. There's other shin megami tensei games that are kinda like pokemon except with demons. I don't like the tales games that much either.
#5mnemeth2005Posted 1/12/2013 5:25:19 PM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
mnemeth2005 posted...

Thanks for the response!

No prob. Sorry I didn't actually respond in regards to Persona but previous poster was right. Its a good series.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
#6SMASHKING84Posted 1/12/2013 7:13:59 PM
i'm into turn based and strategy
loves action rpgs but hate games with a atb guage and i used to love pm...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#7mumpsy21Posted 1/12/2013 8:12:38 PM
I don't know, I dislike Pokemon

I loved FF1-12, Tales of Graces/Abyss, Nier, Persona, Other SMT games, 999, Disgaea

Honestly, there aren't really "types" of RPGamers, it's just that some games you don't like even though it's a preferred genre of yours. Like how people don't play every kind of FPS/Rhythm/genre. The only difference is if you prefer SRPGs or WRPGs or ARPGs or _RPGs
---
I don't know what it's called, but I constantly get into something and the next day I end up not caring about it at all. It's a good thing I never got into pets
#8WiiFan77Posted 1/12/2013 8:14:03 PM(edited)
I exclusively play turn-based RPGs (including SRPGs). I don't enjoy action RPGs at all.
A majority of the RPGs I own are SMT. I don't feel sufficiently challenged by most other RPG series.
The other RPGs I have are Disgaea games, and some other games by Sting.

What kind of RPG gamer am I? I'm guessing Turn-based Hardcore or something?
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#9Ulyaoth74Posted 1/12/2013 8:28:27 PM
I can't stand Turnbased games. But I love RPGs. Things like Xenogears and Parasite Eve is what I look for. Too bad there aren't enough of those types of games.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#10Semi45aPosted 1/12/2013 8:49:09 PM
I honestly can't see any wrpg gamers in this board.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia