What type of RPG gamer are you? Which am I?

#11DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/12/2013 9:53:34 PM
I play all kinds.

WRPGs, CRPGs, JRPGs, SRPGs, etc.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#12Emperor_mateusPosted 1/13/2013 4:10:31 AM
I'm not picky when it comes to rpg's
I like turn based ones like final fantasy, action rpg's like the tales series and strategy rpgs like Fire emblem and Disgaea.
I like western rpg's as well.
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#13EarthViperPosted 1/13/2013 4:27:49 AM(edited)
I've loved many games from many different styles of RPG and yet disliked many as well. It seems specific things rather than general sub-genres are what make or break RPG's for me.

For one thing I can't abide level scaling, linearity is a killer and 9 times out of 10 I prefer my medieval high fantasy to sci-fi.

Meanwhile I love a game that can let my OCD go full throttle, hoarding this and that, from loot games like Diablo II to collect-a-thons like Pokemon to just plain hoard and stash games like Bethesda's RPGs (though I'll pass on vanilla ones).

If I had to pick a favorite though it would likely be turn based, traditional JRPG's. Chono Trigger, Lufia II, Suikoden II and more are games I can replay countless times and never get bored. Call it nostalgia if you will but I know what I like and I like those.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#14Superlinkbros89Posted 1/13/2013 4:39:30 AM
Hoarding RPGS Like Oblivion or Diablo and some turn based RPGS (I say some only because I hate pokemon but love games like FF3).
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2, Minecraft, Mario Kart 7
#15Deimos259Posted 1/13/2013 4:51:00 AM
Not enjoying TotA means that you probably enjoy good games like Persona 4 (imo you should play Persona 3 before P4)
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#16kukingina2Posted 1/13/2013 4:54:10 AM
pretty understandable TC since the tales games are basically built like fighting games and half the fun of playing those games is coming up with your own flashy combos like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikOJlMeIgQ

some people don't enjoy that though and prefer a "thinking combat" rpg game which is equally as good

you can always resell the game and buy one of the new RPG's coming out or Unchained blades which is a turn based rpg
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#17MrKunioPosted 1/13/2013 10:08:40 AM
I like; Final Fantasy
DragonQuest
Ys
Faxanadu
Breath of Fire
Castlevania SOTN
Seventh Cross Evolution
Fire Emblem
Rune Factory
Monster Rancher
Shenmue
Pokemon
And Megaman Legends
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#18Darkstorm16Posted 1/13/2013 10:22:26 AM
Here's how I am:
Love: traditional turn based, dungeon crawlers, action rpgs

Love/Hate : Tactical strategy (I love the games, I hate that im crap at them)

Despise: first person games
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#19Legit-TrollPosted 1/13/2013 10:35:16 AM
VerySolidusSnak posted...
I tend to like games like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy's such as FF7 and those Crystal Chronicle ones, But I can't enjoy Tales of the Abyss that much. It feels like a chore and I'm 40 hours in since March and I can't bring myself to beat it. I bought into the hype of this board...Will I like a game like Persona 4?

If you like anime or japanese rpgs in general pick up Persona 4. Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time at the moment with another rpg behind it being chrono cross. The shin megami tensei series which consists of the persona franchise plays like pokemon in a way in which instead of using pokemon, you use demons.
#20WiiFan77Posted 1/13/2013 10:41:27 AM
Legit-Troll posted...
If you like anime or japanese rpgs in general pick up Persona 4. Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time at the moment with another rpg behind it being chrono cross. The shin megami tensei series which consists of the persona franchise plays like pokemon in a way in which instead of using pokemon, you use demons.

This. But get the superior Persona 3 instead.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.