Are all pokemon games really easy?

#1Fallen_LordPosted 1/13/2013 12:57:10 AM
I never played a pokemon game before until I picked up soulsilver a few months ago. I am a huge fan of turn based strategy games and I thought I would give it a try to see why it is so popular.
After playing for some time I can see the appeal of the games. I just got bored because all of the battles seem really easy. It always seems like I am way overpowered in comparison to my opponents, Does the game start to get challenging or is it always so easy? Of all the battles I fought I never lost a single battle, even against gym leaders.
#2lostsniper187Posted 1/13/2013 1:04:38 AM
Depends on what gym you are on. The first few can be easy depending on what pokemon you have on you. They can get pretty challenging if facing pokemon your weak against if you don't have the right type. Also don't forget about the elite 4 which you face after you collect all 8 badges. Personally for me I have all types leveled up but I'm an addict for catching pokemon lol. If its too easy play online a bit and hate the game forever :p.
---
xbox 360 GT: BTP x Snipez
PSN ID: Kiono187
#3Bass_X0Posted 1/13/2013 1:06:47 AM
if you always use your highest levelled, strongest and the right type then yes its easy.

however there are challenges in which you can't just overpower everyone so you do have to think about choosing the right pokemon and move set to win.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#4Warp_ZonePosted 1/13/2013 1:06:49 AM
Depends on how much grinding your mental capacity for tedious tasks will allow.
---
eadricson posted...
Are you goddamn serious?
#51upsuperPosted 1/13/2013 1:09:43 AM
The in-game stuff is usually pretty easy, yeah. If you want something more challenging, there's competitive battling.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#6Bancario51Posted 1/13/2013 1:12:06 AM
easy to play. tough to master!
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/13/2013 1:27:20 AM
It's easy if you just depend on 1 or 2 Pokemon for every battle and over-level them. The point of Pokemon is to come up with a full team that is capable of dealing with multiple situations, you shouldn't be over-leveled if you keep all 5-6 Pokemon on your team approximately equal levels and train them all equally.

Of course, you can play the way you want and if you just want to fight with your 1 main, that's fine. But that would most likely be why you think it's so easy.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#8KasadaPosted 1/13/2013 1:36:47 AM
One reason why it's really easy is because while you do have to deal with a team dynamic, your members rarely interact with one another. This is why it doesn't have as much strategy as other RPG's because your members rarely have any role other than attacker/weakness exploiter. When I play it, I have to make a whole team around Baton Pass just to feel like I did something smart.
---
Wa.
#9lambchipsPosted 1/13/2013 2:03:19 AM
story mode is always easy... that said b/w 1/2 are much harder than previous gens mainly because wild pokemons are tankier with annoying abilities and exp distribution has changed

the meta game is there if you want a challange.
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#10randomshemsPosted 1/13/2013 2:22:57 AM
yes they are easy but B/W games went baby's first with Audino and it's exp gains =/ also battles became so predictable it isn't even funny