Are all pokemon games really easy?

#31EndgamePosted 1/13/2013 10:25:41 AM
if you're not playing Pokémon for competitive battling, you're doing it wrong
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#32Makeveli_livesPosted 1/13/2013 10:33:13 AM
I guess I will stick with fire emblem then. If the whole point of the games are collecting all pokemon and leveling them and not on the combat system then it really is not for me.

Play Pokemon online then at pokemonshowdown.com

It's a battle simulator in which you battle against other people, and it's done through the browser too so theres nothing to download or install.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#33LightHawKnightPosted 1/13/2013 10:41:26 AM
Play SMT instead if you want a challenge.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#34GubbeyPosted 1/13/2013 11:09:14 AM
I have a team of four Pokemon, and I have sworn not to do any grinding(But I will slaughter the occasional Audino in shaky grass). It's great! The trainers are about 3 to 4 levels higher than my pokes, and it's a challenge.

I think a team of 4 is just right if you won't be grinding, although sometimes I wish I could put a really cool beastie in my team, but don't want to get rid of any of my current team -_-
---
"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes..." - Niccolo Machiavelli
#35Kentaro21Posted 1/13/2013 11:36:13 AM
Take it from me. In spite of the cute looking creatures, this is not an easy game. But it's so satisfying when you cross that hill.
#36GloryChaosPosted 1/13/2013 12:43:04 PM
I always find it strange when people say they need to grind for the in game challenge. You can beat the entire game with Pokemon that are around 10 levels lower than your opponent. Make up for weaknesses by carrying battle items (x defend, etc) and potions.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3721_21Posted 1/13/2013 12:44:42 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
I guess I will stick with fire emblem then. If the whole point of the games are collecting all pokemon and leveling them and not on the combat system then it really is not for me.

Play Pokemon online then at pokemonshowdown.com

It's a battle simulator in which you battle against other people, and it's done through the browser too so theres nothing to download or install.

There's also Shoddy battle!
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#38MarsfordPosted 1/13/2013 12:49:39 PM
I don't think anyone really expects a challenge from Pokemon main story battles. Want a challenge? Do the Super Battle Subway and get back to me.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#39NeonYoshi11Posted 1/13/2013 8:06:57 PM
Easy usually = enjoyable though.

If Pokemon was really hard, 50% of the people would never make it to badge #5 then nobody would catch em all and everything would go downhill from there.

I'd rather a game be too easy than too hard.

You can't pick up and play a game that is too hard, because it gets frustrating and then you can just move on to another option/ game.
#40Tzuba12Posted 1/13/2013 8:34:21 PM
Like everyone said, go to the battle frontier after you beat the game, and then come back and say its easy.

The battle frontier makes sure that the best players who know the ins and outs of Pokemon WILL eventually lose. Its just bullcrap hard.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059 Member of the Rainbow Killers KI:U clan. Steam: Tzuba