The Majora's Mask 3D Situation

#11EarthViperPosted 1/13/2013 7:28:42 AM
USMCinfinity posted...
SailorSatourne posted...
Because giving a definitive answer on the possible development of a game is stupid.

Let's say they aren't working on it. Why say you aren't, in case market research comes in and says it would actually work out?

Let's say you are. Why would you say it's being worked on unless you at least have a working beta? For all we know, a potential MM3D isn't even past the planning phase, and maybe it'll end up cancelled. That would make a company look sheepish.

"Hey, remember that game you were all looking forward to, and we said was happening? Well, we kinda only had a basic design document for it when we said that, and since then, some things have come up, and now it's not happening any more."

If it's happening, they'll announce it. Until then, it's best to act as if its not going to happen, and not get your hopes up.

Capcom

Capcom may be one of the companies still doing this without a care in the world but Nintendo themselves have felt that sting. Star Fox 2 and Earthbound 64 immediately spring to mind but I know there's others.
---
Clam shell plastic packaging is, in fact, my mortal enemy.
#12PsychoWolfXPosted 1/13/2013 7:52:06 AM
As much as I want a remastered 3ds version to go along with OoT, I'd be happy enough to just to get a downloadable port of the N64 version on my 3DS. Or better yet, let me play the games I've downloaded on my wii on my 3DS (a feature they should have had from day 1)
#13Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/13/2013 7:56:16 AM
As much as I want a remastered 3ds version to go along with OoT, I'd be happy enough to just to get a downloadable port of the N64 version on my 3DS. Or better yet, let me play the games I've downloaded on my wii on my 3DS (a feature they should have had from day 1)

agreed, I don't need a 3D remake, I just want to play all of my games from my Wii virtual console, like how I can play PS1 games on both my PS3 and PSP.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#14VelocirapteryxPosted 1/13/2013 8:38:10 AM
They've already stated they wanted to make a new 3DS Zelda first. So wait for that and THEN wait for word on MM3DS.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/04/new-zelda-coming-to-3ds
#15Zero_ManiacPosted 1/13/2013 9:26:00 AM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...

agreed, I don't need a 3D remake, I just want to play all of my games from my Wii virtual console, like how I can play PS1 games on both my PS3 and PSP.

---
Currently Playing: Chrono Trigger, FFIV DS, and Megaman Zero 1-3.
#16TheRealItachiPosted 1/13/2013 9:54:43 AM
There will be no MM3D.
Probably ever.If anything, it might be remade for the wii-u, but that's about it,and that's a maybe. We still have to wait for an original zelda 3DS game,before nintendo will even start development for either MM3D or LttP(and hint, they have expressed more interested towards a 3D remake of LttP).That would put MM3D well at the pretty much end of the 3DS life cycle about, if not really close, and it may make more sense to them to just put it as a launch title for the next nintendo handheld.
---
TheRealItachi is better than me in every way possible. - TheLevelFifty
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z324/Alpha_Sign_Pics/ItachiSign.jpg
#17StarmanJuniorPosted 1/13/2013 9:59:05 AM
If I had a theory, it would be that Nintendo fears that the game, being too different, won't sell as well as a well-known game like Ocarina of Time...even though MM was a masterpiece, Nintendo cares way more about a quick buck than their fans.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#18GenericName9Posted 1/13/2013 10:27:00 AM
Really honestly If they are only releasing ONE game and it's going to another figurative eternity after that for another...I don't want a remake then. I don't want to play a game where I already know what's going to happen, I want to be WOWed by a new story, I want new challenges that I don't already know the solution to. I'd really love to play A Link to the Past with modern graphics, but if we're only getting this one shot I want something new. This is'nt like the old days when you could see multiple releases for one Ip in one year, development times are long and this is probably all we're getting before they stop supporting the 3DS and looking on to the future. Ocarina was good for a couple playthroughs but it does'nt have much replay value because for the most part everything about it I've already seen hundreds of times over the past decade. Ideally it would be nice to see some remakes IN ADDITION to a completely new title, but judging by the way they're talking in interviews and such there's going to be ONE release and they're moving on. I don't want this chance blown on something I've already seen and done a hundred times before.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#19deimos91Posted 1/13/2013 2:41:21 PM
MrAntike184 posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
EarthViper posted...
Because Nintendo likes to troll it's fans with silence.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of another company here...

Because the last ND was simply awesomesauce!

Your obviously talking about the pokemon ND, let me ask you something, When was the last there was a Zelda ND? I want zelda news, not mario, not pikmin, not animal crossing, not pokemon, and definetly not metroid.

I am sorry little kid That there are millions of fans of those other series you sound like a toddler throwing a tantrum
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#20zinformantPosted 1/13/2013 2:42:55 PM
Look, folks, you will never get a 'yes' or 'no'. There is always a possibility--and that's all you will have to work with for questions like these--until either a game announcement happens or it's been so long that the question becomes irrelevant.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/