Why do you guys care so much about how Nintendo is doing financially?

#11BuretsuPosted 1/13/2013 11:50:23 AM
The only time anyone cares about how well they're doing is every time someone acts like they're doing horrible and are one low sales quarter away from bankruptcy.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#12aamotPosted 1/13/2013 12:01:20 PM
because I want Nintendo to collapse so Iwata can't use it as a tool for evil any more

Just say awesome stuff like this all the time. You'd be my favorite poster.
---
chrisAAMO | 2938_5923_5833
#13GenericName9Posted 1/13/2013 12:18:27 PM
Nintendo has been a name synonomous with video games for nearly 30 years of my life, it's gold, slap it on any system it will move by name/product recognition alone. The Nintendo "seal of quality" still means something to me and many others also. They've weathered many storms over the years, and will securely weather many more to come.

I remember when Sega was a big console hardware giant, Nintendo's biggest competitor, and they fell from that to a 3rd party software developer. I don't believe a fate of that magnitude would ever befall Nintendo, I simply wanted to point out that "the end" is never really an actual end. Besides Sega's fall was the culmination of many years of poor marketing strategies, ill-conceived release timing, one crucial mistake after another over many years time. Looking at the Wii-U's release line-up it seems like their making all the right choices, they have most of the essential triple A titles they need on board, and I think their smart enough to follow through with a strong follow-up attack throughout the year. There's so many odd variables that affects this kind of stuff though like current world market states and trends, there's always a high degree of uncertainty, everything's a gamble, but it appears they're making all the right decisions, and they do have the distinct advantage of their name. I don't worry about Nintendo's health.

With the 3DS there's been somewhat of a drought period this winter, now that the Wii-U's out I think that's about to change. In business you have to invest, and invest, and invest to get results I think there's good things on the horizon this fall. They are'nt the only kid on the block in the handheld market anymore, but the 3DS and the Vita are two completely different animals with two seperate distinct niches and set of appeals. The Vita is a great collection of features but deficient in the area of Nintendo's specialty which is: fun. Sony's been trying to muscle in on Nintendo's platformer supremecy for over a decade now with not hardly any substantially noticable results, so now you see they are taking a different angle playing to their strength by releasing C.O.D on the Vita which is a smart move. Each of the console giants has their own niche, Nintendo has it's own areas of strength that the others have very little chance of penetrating unless they have a time machine. I think they will be working hard revitalizing, reinforcing those areas this year, we'll see some exciting announcements, a new Zelda for both systems, etc. There's no reason to worry, Nintendo is far from singing their requium song, as if ever.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#14monkeypahngPosted 1/13/2013 12:52:39 PM
I care because if they're doing financially well then that means we can look forward to better services and games.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#15pikachupwnagePosted 1/13/2013 1:06:35 PM
Endgame posted...
because I want Nintendo to collapse so Iwata can't use it as a tool for evil any more

You've essentially been a parody of yourself for awhile.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#16GenoPosted 1/13/2013 1:21:26 PM
Boo_Mario posted...
Well I got good news for you. Nintendo has enough cash in the bank to sustain a 3DS or Wii U "flop" without going bankrupt. (And I mean a real "flop" like the Virtual Boy.) If you read their financial statements you'd know that.

Wish I could find the article again, but there was one not long ago that did the math and said that with the kind of money that Nintendo currently has banked, they can sustain themselves the way they are currently for some twenty-five years, assuming no changes. That's two and a half decades. Nintendo's not goin' anywhere anytime soon.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#17MrAntike184Posted 1/13/2013 1:33:02 PM
I agree with this guy, plus Nintendo is MUCH LESS likely to go bankerupt than Sony.
---
Were All Originals? Nah
#18Rurouni720Posted 1/13/2013 1:57:09 PM
Geno posted...
Boo_Mario posted...
Well I got good news for you. Nintendo has enough cash in the bank to sustain a 3DS or Wii U "flop" without going bankrupt. (And I mean a real "flop" like the Virtual Boy.) If you read their financial statements you'd know that.

Wish I could find the article again, but there was one not long ago that did the math and said that with the kind of money that Nintendo currently has banked, they can sustain themselves the way they are currently for some twenty-five years, assuming no changes. That's two and a half decades. Nintendo's not goin' anywhere anytime soon.

Which makes the whole "Nintendo should go third party because of weak tech! or pull out of the console market" comments from those kinds of certain group look ridiculous and laughable by the minute. Especially since Nintendo tends to make a profit with their hardware day 1 (with the 3DS post-price cut announcement and the Wii U being acceptions).
#19nintendoggerPosted 1/13/2013 1:59:18 PM
Endgame posted...

This for sure. I'm sick of that guy.
---
Rah.
#20Rurouni720Posted 1/13/2013 2:01:17 PM
nintendogger posted...
Endgame posted...

This for sure. I'm sick of that guy.

Um, why? That's a terrible thing to say.