Do all 3DS bundles...

#1PsychoWolfXPosted 1/13/2013 9:07:53 AM
Come with the game installed on a SD card rather then a physical copy of the game? I was hoping to upgrade to XL with a Pokemon X/Y or Monster Hunter bundle, but I really don't like the idea of being stuck with a digital copy of a game when I could have a physical version.
It's not enough to put me off of buying a XL Pokemon/Monster Hunter bundle (if we even get one) but I would be pretty disappointed none the less.
#2katysuPosted 1/13/2013 9:18:23 AM
If the game has a digital download version then Nintendo probably will sell the bundle with the download rather than a physical cart.

I bought a pink 3ds bundle with Nintendogs (an official bundle with Ndogs on the front of the box, ages ago, maybe late 2011, in UK)
- and it was a cart but then I don't think Ndogs (at the time at any rate) was available as a download.

I also prefer an actual cart, but like you, it wouldn't put me totally off buying a download bundle - particularly if the console itself was a special colour/pattern & a good price of course.
#3kajikaPosted 1/13/2013 6:22:20 PM
I think most do, but the pink and white xl came with a physical copy of nintendogs / layton / style savy (depending on where it was purchased). :/
#4NarrooPosted 1/13/2013 6:23:46 PM
Also, the Mario 3D Land Bundle, at least, has no charging cradle.
#5MereMarePosted 1/13/2013 10:59:22 PM
Narroo posted...
Also, the Mario 3D Land Bundle, at least, has no charging cradle.

True, I bought that exact bundle.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#6RevengeLobsterPosted 1/13/2013 11:23:13 PM
Do the bundels with digital games come with the games preinstalled or a token of some sort? I want to upgrade at some point but don't want to lose my streetpass data =[
#790sRetroGamingPosted 1/14/2013 12:13:59 AM(edited)
RevengeLobster posted...
Do the bundels with digital games come with the games preinstalled or a token of some sort? I want to upgrade at some point but don't want to lose my streetpass data =[

Pre-installed onto the SD card from the factory before shipment. also you won't lose any of the data on your old 3DS. all the system transfer does is simply transfer the licenses from your old 3DS to your new one and you then place your old SD card from your original 3DS into your new one.

Also both eShop accounts are combined into one so depending on the software bundle you buy (SM3DL, MK7 or FE:A) it will wipe that game from your new 3DS during the transfer process but you WILL be able to redownload it free of charge from the eShop once the transfer is done :).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com