Exiting Toys R Us Style Savvy Demo

#1norungPosted 1/13/2013 9:28:25 AM
Toys R Us has had a Style Savvy Demo running for a number of weeks, but it thwarts all attempts to exit it and go back to the home menu. Has anyone successfully been able to get the home menu while it runs, and how?
#2TheGamingGolferPosted 1/13/2013 9:52:32 AM
I've seen the Style Savvy demo at Target and couldn't get to the Home menu either (or Streetpass it -_-).

It's strange... I went to the same Target back when it was a NSMB2 demo (also on a 3DS XL) and you could go to the Home Menu.
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#3MrKunioPosted 1/13/2013 9:59:15 AM
Yea there was a Kid Icarus demo like this as well. I dont think you can exit it, its designed to display the game only.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#4Mario maniacPosted 1/13/2013 10:21:44 AM(edited)
All 3DS demos are designed that way. The store I work at currently has NSMB2 displayed and you can only exit to the menu there because it's the full game -- I assume the second poster is in the same boat.

Edit: I've tried the OoT, SM3DL, SF64, and MK7 demos. They all disable the home menu.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 Xbox Live: Wario waniac
#5pokemonmaster0Posted 1/13/2013 10:23:02 AM
Wasn't there some button combo that forced the demos to return to the home menu? I remember doing that to my target's one and putting a Mii for street pass on it, but that was ages ago.
#6norung(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 1:50:50 PM
Luckily, I had created a Streetpassable Mii on the display 3DS before the Style Savvy demo was installed and blocked me, so I can still get Level 7 Miis to help me fight ghosts. Hopefully, they take Style Savvy away before I get the maximum number of hits, however many that is.

I guess I could try asking the staff--they see me come in all the time (even though it's just for a streetpass) and always ask me if I need help. But I'm afraid they might figure me out and disable streetpassing just to be mean...
#7norung(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 1:52:37 PM
In the early days of the 3DS, you used to be able to get to the home menu by powering off and holding start, select, L and R with perfect timing. Back then, I was able to do it once or twice, but most of the time I failed.

Nowadays, I can't ever get that method to work. Was hoping someone here had better luck than me. This particular display 3DS has worn-out start and select buttons and I can't tell if they work right, so maybe that's the problem.