Nintendo Force

#1FoofyheadPosted 1/13/2013 10:10:26 AM
Downloaded and read the first issue yesterday. Pretty good successor to NP.

I'm actually curious about Mutant Mudds Deluxe, though I didn't really care about the original. It has all the normal stages, all the granny stages, and some weird ghost stages that sounded interesting. It's a Wii U download later this year.

Lots of decent stuff in the premiere issue. I don't think anyone should be paying 17.99 for it (of 12.99 with the discount). The digital was only 5 bucks though.

Soon's subscriptions open up, I'll most likely get one for both formats.

I suggest everyone read the first issue, and assume that 17.99 won't be the normal price...
---
Guns don't kill people, Master Chief kills people.
#2RAPTall1Posted 1/13/2013 10:15:07 AM
Sounds cool. Do you know who's making these versus Nintendo Power? I'm just curious as to why they decided to end NP and start a new magazine without any hesitation.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#3Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 10:22:53 AM
Well, Future US owns the rights to NP (along with the Playstation, XBox, and @GAMER mags). I'm not sure who publishes NF. I'll get back to you :)
---
#4tav19Posted 1/13/2013 11:00:06 AM
Nintendo Force has nothing to do with Future Publishing or Nintendo Power (other than being influenced by it) and is made up of Nintendo fans who currently work at gaming websites such as IGN, Destructiod, GoNintendo, 1UP, Nintendo World Report, and NIntendojo to name a few.
#5HungoverHero777Posted 1/13/2013 11:04:48 AM
I, too, gawked at $17.99, but the coupon code makes it more bearable :)
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#6Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:35:00 PM
tav19 posted...
Nintendo Force has nothing to do with Future Publishing or Nintendo Power (other than being influenced by it) and is made up of Nintendo fans who currently work at gaming websites such as IGN, Destructiod, GoNintendo, 1UP, Nintendo World Report, and NIntendojo to name a few.

I know that it isn't published by Future, that's why I listed all the mags they do publish (the ones I had or still do subscribe to). I was wonder who publishes them, as they already say who the crew is in the mag, but didn't catch the other pertinent info. It appears they self-publish though.
---
#7andizzle29662Posted 1/13/2013 3:46:35 PM
It's publish by mag cloud. The team of Nintendo force is made up of editors from gonintendo, ign, and others. The first issue just passed 2000 issues sold! We need to support this and pure Nintendo magazine to show them are appreciation for their hard work.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#8Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 3:52:41 PM
I didn't think that was a publisher. I know that's how the digital format is handled, but I thought it was just an application that HP had.
---
#9andizzle29662Posted 1/13/2013 3:57:21 PM
I guess not a publisher per say, but it's what pure Nintendo uses. Mag cloud doesn't print the order til it's paid.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#10El_DustinoPosted 1/13/2013 4:01:16 PM
Holy f*** that is expensive for a magazine. O_o I really was looking forward to a new Nintendo magazine, but jeez... even with the coupon it is a lot... is there a subscription option?
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.