Nintendo Force

#21Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 5:16:47 PM
Yeah, I think they're doing things backwards, or rather, wrong. They're charging that much because it's all going to charity, and I'm sure a sub. will be about that much when they get that set up. They should have done the charity thing after they were more established.
---
Guns don't kill people, Master Chief kills people.
#22pikachupwnagePosted 1/13/2013 5:18:04 PM(edited)
I want this but no CC or paypal...
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#2390sRetroGamingPosted 1/13/2013 5:19:07 PM
I can't even view the sample pages since it requires IE9 and i have IE8. you gotta have Windows Vista or 7 and i have XP Media Center Edition lol. damn...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#24IHeartMetroidPosted 1/13/2013 5:23:54 PM
I did some looking up and the US Copyright Office has no record of anyone on file owning a copyright or trademark to "Nintendo Force".

I have a strong hunch that this magazine isn't "owned" by any corporation or publishing entity, but is strictly created, magazine by magazine, through this HP Print-On-Demand service. This would explain why there are no ads and why it's so expensive-

Because you're basically getting a paperback custom printed book every time you order. Unlike batch printed corporate-owned magazines, print on demand publishing is just that- they *only* print a copy when you order it.
#2590sRetroGamingPosted 1/13/2013 5:24:57 PM
Foofyhead posted...
Yeah, I think they're doing things backwards, or rather, wrong. They're charging that much because it's all going to charity, and I'm sure a sub. will be about that much when they get that set up. They should have done the charity thing after they were more established.

I'm all for charity (most definatly) but it's still alot, especially if i'd want every issue going forward (which i do). with the low subscription prices ($14.99-$19.95) of the former Nintendo Power, Game Informer (Gamestop) and @Gamer (Best Buy... which i'm currently subbed to digitally) it's really hard to justify paying that much per issue, even if it's 100% Nintendo related. ugh :(.
---
#26IHeartMetroidPosted 1/13/2013 5:27:55 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Foofyhead posted...

I'm all for charity (most definatly) but it's still alot, especially if i'd want every issue going forward (which i do). with the low subscription prices ($14.99-$19.95) of the former Nintendo Power, Game Informer (Gamestop) and @Gamer (Best Buy... which i'm currently subbed to digitally) it's really hard to justify paying that much per issue, even if it's 100% Nintendo related. ugh :(.

See my post above. POD publishing is far more expensive than corporate-backed batch magazines. You're basically getting a paperback book when you order. This would also be why digital is so much cheaper- no printing costs.
#27Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 5:40:05 PM
It'll be subscription based eventually. I guess you can send an email to them and get on the future sub list. Check the facebook page.

In the meantime, this is a blip of an interesting thing about Pokedex...hope it's readable.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb363/anderoug/NintendoForce_zps8e0a30cc.jpg
---
#28Foofyhead(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 11:39:41 PM
Guess nobody cares :(
---
#2990sRetroGamingPosted 1/13/2013 11:47:23 PM
Foofyhead posted...
It'll be subscription based eventually. I guess you can send an email to them and get on the future sub list. Check the facebook page.

In the meantime, this is a blip of an interesting thing about Pokedex...hope it's readable.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb363/anderoug/NintendoForce_zps8e0a30cc.jpg

I can read it just fine! lol. interesting. i didn't know Pokemon were allowed to be used with companies other than Nintendo! O_o.
---
#3090sRetroGamingPosted 1/13/2013 11:51:37 PM
Foofyhead posted...
Guess nobody cares :(

About emailing them to try and make subscriptions possible?. i've already emailed them hours ago! lol. i'd like to get a print+digital combo for my yearly subscription though...
---