Would you be ashamed if you saw me playing a 3DS in public?

#31nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 3:52:38 AM
...this topic was pretty much created as a parody topic. But nice to see it's still alive and you guys making something of it :D

I haz Star Fox 3D though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#32Zero1478Posted 1/15/2013 7:06:19 AM
I was on the Subway in NYC on my way back from work and didn't have headphones on so I could directly hear the 5 teenage boys in front of me say straight to my face, "Look at this dude, he's THIRTY and still playing video games!" It stung a little bit considering I'm actually 24 and the fact that I overthink things and am way too sensitive. However, I realized something: how is playing a game on a portable console different than the people who can't even take time to look forward or up when they are walking and carrying around their phone as a fashion accessory. Yeah, it made me feel a bit embarrassed, but I frickin' LOVE this system. Keep your iPhone, I'll play my 3DS and mock you when you walk into a wall because you are too busy trying to text your significant other. That is all.
---
3DS: Greg, 3222-5665-7596
PSN: vagabond251
#33nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:12:39 AM
My jealousy sense is tingling.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#34DeathSoul2000Posted 1/15/2013 7:16:10 AM
Zero1478 posted...
I was on the Subway in NYC on my way back from work and didn't have headphones on so I could directly hear the 5 teenage boys in front of me say straight to my face, "Look at this dude, he's THIRTY and still playing video games!" It stung a little bit considering I'm actually 24 and the fact that I overthink things and am way too sensitive. However, I realized something: how is playing a game on a portable console different than the people who can't even take time to look forward or up when they are walking and carrying around their phone as a fashion accessory. Yeah, it made me feel a bit embarrassed, but I frickin' LOVE this system. Keep your iPhone, I'll play my 3DS and mock you when you walk into a wall because you are too busy trying to text your significant other. That is all.

face it, even if they play games themselves, video games will be forever looked at as a 5 year old's activity, no matter how popular they are, and thus, will always be seen as "uncool" to play games in public on anything other than a smartphone.
#35Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 9:08:29 AM
For those who are too embarassed to play in public, I'll make it short and reference Daisukenojo Bito:

Come back when you've grown a pair!
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#36fuzi11Posted 1/15/2013 9:40:33 AM
what are you playing?
#37Zero1478Posted 1/15/2013 9:53:24 AM
Oh I understood that. Kids will be bullies. I just happily kept on playing (this was a WHILE ago but I think I was playing something on the Vita, most likely Uncharted).
---
3DS: Greg, 3222-5665-7596
PSN: vagabond251