Which company do you think is more of a sellout?

#1lavos456Posted 1/13/2013 4:19:46 PM
Square-Enix or Capcom? - Results (79 votes)
Square-Enix
26.58% (21 votes)
Capcom
73.42% (58 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I hear a lot of people hating on both companies for being sellouts and I'm wondering which one is more of a sellout according to the people on this board.
---
Proud Nintendo Fanboy
#2deathisajerkPosted 1/13/2013 4:23:26 PM
Square Enix is really only at fault for making the ending of FFXII-2 purchasable DLC as of recent, at least they're remaking FFXIV and acknowledged it was complete dog poo. Capcom has a whole medley of the poo.
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#3Eric_CoronaPosted 1/13/2013 4:24:36 PM
Capcom for cancelling MML3.

There was plenty of fan support, and they promised to release the "prototype" version but they cancelled both the game and the "prototype" so yeah...I think they're more of a sellout cuz SE never did that
---
"So...what's it gonna be? Will you choose to ally?
...Or to betray?"
#4BegingamePosted 1/13/2013 4:26:26 PM
Square Enix only sells DLC for content developed after the game went gold or for songs that can't all fit on a cart.

Capcom specifically holds back content during development to sell as DLC, sometimes even having it on the disc before it goes gold, and also has always-online DRM with some of their PSN games like Bionic Commando and Final Fight.

Capcom is FAR worse than Squenix.
#5UltimateKaibaPosted 1/13/2013 4:29:00 PM
Crapcom/cashcom
---
"As much as I hate getting involved, I hate owing someone a favor even more"-Seto Kaiba
PSN/XBL- Setobakura
#6deathisajerkPosted 1/13/2013 4:36:12 PM
Eric_Corona posted...
Capcom for cancelling MML3.

There was plenty of fan support, and they promised to release the "prototype" version but they cancelled both the game and the "prototype" so yeah...I think they're more of a sellout cuz SE never did that

Square Enix even picked up True Crime: Hong Kong when it was cancelled by Activision several years back. It's one of the better games they've released.
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#7kamikaze135Posted 1/13/2013 4:36:44 PM
I don't see how SE could possibly be considered a sellout. They make really bad decisions, but they aren't sellouts.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#8NebulaBluePosted 1/13/2013 4:39:38 PM
I don't think Capcom is a sell-out, but I do think it's ****.
---
Enough.
#9EndgamePosted 1/13/2013 5:45:20 PM
Square (Enix)

lolInternational Versions/Final Mixes
lolFF4 released on almost everything

and so on
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 1/13/2013 5:49:20 PM
Capcom, easily. Too much DLC. The biggest insult was Street Fighter x Tekken, where 12 fighters were already on the disc, but you had to pay for them. It soiled an otherwise great fighter. Also, they release frequent updates not in the form of patches or worthwhile DLC, but as whole games.

-MvC3 and UMvC3
-Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4, and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
-Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2 OTR
-Devil May Cry collection

And the list goes on and on.

They also release games with very little difference between them. The biggest and best example of this is Megaman.

Square Enix isn't a sellout as it is a bad game making machine (as of now anyway).
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.