For harvest moon 3d should i buy a physical copy or download?

#11illusivedudePosted 1/13/2013 10:35:01 PM
I myself was considering going all digital, and the prospect was actually exciting me. I began imagining myself out in public (or even at home) playing something like Fire Emblem. Then, when I wanted to play something else like say, Animal Crossing, for instance, I was just a few button clicks away. Not feeling like Animal Crossing at that moment? Well there's Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon hanging out on my home screen, again, just a couple clicks away.

But then I realized: While yes, it is incredibly convenient, if I were to have to erase and re-download any of my games for any reason at all, I have to start over from scratch! :O

Got an awesome team of Pokemon? Not anymore. All characters unlocked in Mario Kart? A thing of the past. And that's why I've ultimately decided against going digital.

Now, if there was some sort of cloud service, where one could back-up their save data, I'd be all in. But alas, nothing of the sort exists. (Unless of course you back up what's on your memory card to your PC, but that's far too much of a hassle. Especially when you have gigs worth of games and applications.)
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?
#12EM_MegaPosted 1/13/2013 10:53:21 PM
m0deration posted...
Shadowstalker2121 posted...
I suppose it's a matter of preference. Digital downloads don't actually have any value to a collector and will never gain value over time, whereas a physical copy will. But, if you're prone to losing the tiny cartridges, digital might be the way to go.

lol...physical copies RARELY gain value over time. There hasn't been a game that has gained value over time ever since digital copies of rare games have been coming out on the PSN and XBLA. The most recent game that comes to mind is Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2.

Clearly you don't buy Natsume or Atlus games often, those are usually printed only once and then they demand outrageous prices over the years if the game is good.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#13Xenesis XenonPosted 1/13/2013 11:01:13 PM
illusivedude posted...
Now, if there was some sort of cloud service, where one could back-up their save data, I'd be all in. But alas, nothing of the sort exists. (Unless of course you back up what's on your memory card to your PC, but that's far too much of a hassle. Especially when you have gigs worth of games and applications.)

We can dream that Nintendo'll reach the level of Steam sometime this decade. We can dream.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#14pokemonmaster0Posted 1/13/2013 11:14:19 PM
Wario_man posted...
Download. No downside.

Much more fixed prices, wasted space on the SD card, not tied to an account and unable to be able to resell = no downsides?
It's a good option but saying there's no downside is just stupid.
#15Lord_FroodPosted 1/13/2013 11:33:34 PM
Digital. Easier to carry around and you'll probably be playing HM in short bursts anyway.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#16Wario_manPosted 1/14/2013 12:13:03 AM
Wario_man posted...
Download. No downside.

Much more fixed prices, wasted space on the SD card, not tied to an account and unable to be able to resell = no downsides?

If you've got the money it isn't that big of an issue, and I'm sure if people stood up for themselves about it more prices would come down. Then stores would complain because nobody would be buying from them since the can't complete with the awesomeness of DD. Get a bigger SD card, they're cheap anyway, I've never resold a game and don't know why anyone ever would. At most I'd just give it to a buddy but I haven't done that lately either. Don't see why you'd hurt the environment longterm just to get a quick buck. Account stuff is your only good point, really surprised and disappointed companies haven't jumped on this when Steam has been around so long.
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#17TeremeiPosted 1/14/2013 8:09:56 AM
NaCl- posted...
Digital for me. You really lose portability when you have to lug around a "pilot briefcase" full of tiny games. Who wants be fumbling with tiny carts in the public anyway? I guess some but not me. Screw that.

my soft case is barely larger than my 3DS, and it protects it while I port it around, AND it it has little pouches for 18 cartridges (it's only one damn thin flap). I mostly play my 3DS at work or at home though and I have a work shoulder bag I port my stuff in. I don't play on a bus, in a classroom, in a cafeteria, in a train, etc. .
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#18TeremeiPosted 1/14/2013 8:13:04 AM(edited)
Wario_man posted...
Wario_man posted...
Download. No downside.

If you've got the money it isn't that big of an issue, and I'm sure if people stood up for themselves about it more prices would come down. Then stores would complain because nobody would be buying from them since the can't complete with the awesomeness of DD. Get a bigger SD card, they're cheap anyway, I've never resold a game and don't know why anyone ever would. At most I'd just give it to a buddy but I haven't done that lately either. Don't see why you'd hurt the environment longterm just to get a quick buck. Account stuff is your only good point, really surprised and disappointed companies haven't jumped on this when Steam has been around so long.

Steam's got crap games and you have to log in to their *#*@#@ servers every time you want to play one of THEIR games YOU bought.. I'm not against digital I have an android tab, a touch, and I have some games on gog. But those are $1 - $15 games. Not $39.99 retail games they expect you to pay full price for. Atleast with physical you own the damn thing, you can port it to the deepest dungeon and whip it out if you want to. Steam you cannot even play if your internet is down.
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#19Freelance_WolfPosted 1/14/2013 9:06:50 AM
You can play Steam games offline, you know, unless it's an online-only game of course.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#20DonomegaPosted 1/14/2013 9:21:36 AM
My wife did get a big plushie cow with her copy and I doubt you'd get that with a digital download lol
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
XBL - RobDaCool