Worth getting? Day 4: Kid Icarus Uprising

#11guedesbrawlPosted 1/14/2013 6:54:22 AM
definitively.
great music,funny dialogue,good gameplay,plenty of difficulty options and thing to do,good online multiplayer.
and even as irrelevant as it is,good graphics.

ifyou can't take the controls,the joke's on you,not the game.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#12JumpmandkPosted 1/14/2013 7:54:54 AM
On these boards you are going to find the majority will say YES. I personally loved the polish and voice work of the game overall, but the ground levels completely destroyed the overall game for me. I'm a HUGE rail shooter fan, but I would put this game at the bottom of the list. I sold my copy on Ebay after only a few days, and I have never looked back.
#13StarmanJuniorPosted 1/14/2013 8:50:44 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
definitively.
great music,funny dialogue,good gameplay,plenty of difficulty options and thing to do,good online multiplayer.
and even as irrelevant as it is,good graphics.

ifyou can't take the controls,the joke's on you,not the game.

I disagree...I'd say the joke is on bad game design.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#14EndgamePosted 1/14/2013 11:45:04 AM
is one of the absolute worst games ever made worth getting?

hmm.....

NO
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15pafbonk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 4:53:26 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
inb4endgame

AAAANND you were right. I see what you're getting at.
---
Zelda fans are unpleasable. People who agree: 3
Official Lugia of the Pokemon X board.
#16StephenYap3Posted 1/15/2013 8:29:20 AM(edited)
Kind of No. If you have friends, then I'd say Yes. Kid Icarus: Uprising, in my opinion, is a decent game at best. Sure the action is epic and satisfying, but it sometimes becomes repetitive when you're just shooting and shooting things pretty much all the time. Especially when it comes to achievements and collecting idols, it just bores me out miles further to even continue playing, even though I could use the Field Cauldron to make things better. I also miss the increment of health and attack power, a feature from the NES and GB titles.

Behind all that, I did like Viridi, Hades, Thanatos, and a few other new characters in this game. The music tracks are also awesome as crud (though the Boss Fight 1 music is a little overrated) and it pretty much has a good enough length for a 3DS game. I applaud Sora's efforts to making this game and I would not mind a sequel of it (which won't happen since Sakurai said that he won't make another one), as long as it strays from its touch screen and circle pad controls in favor for buttons...and if it's on Wii U.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(