I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#101kukingina2Posted 1/14/2013 11:42:31 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
Heres the difference

Pokemon didn't make every other RPG maker other then the really greedy/bad ones say "Derp we gotta put some good chunk of pokemons into our games to steal away pokemons fanbase derp"

Example: BF3 added a little bit of resemblance to CoD to steal away it's fanbase, same with the newer MoH's

Digimon, Monster Rancher and Dragon Quest says hi
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#102BaradekaiPosted 1/14/2013 11:50:33 AM
You know COD has had a game every year? Sometimes 2? The mainstream Pokemon games have at least a few years in between each. Plus pokemon doesn't charge extra for every tiny little scrap of content. COD is worse then iphones.
#103goldfantasyPosted 1/14/2013 12:14:01 PM
doesn't pokemon release 2 games at the same time with minor differences? I'd call that ultra milking ^^
#104KHWyvernPosted 1/14/2013 12:14:59 PM
Troll topic, nothing to see here folks.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#105MarsfordPosted 1/14/2013 12:23:10 PM
McMarbles posted...
Marsford posted...
It really depends on the definition of milked. Before even debating, it has to be clarified what everyone means by that word.

I think the agreed-upon Internet definition is "I don't like this game but they keep making it!"

Seems legit. Sadly, there's likely a lot of truth to that.

Wynters387 posted...
It means dragging the IP back into the stable, slapping it, then putting a bucket under it's utter, and finally yanking it till white stuff pours out.

Sounds kind of kinky.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#106nintendoggerPosted 1/14/2013 12:35:55 PM
KHWyvern posted...
Troll topic, nothing to see here folks.

Vyers is not a troll, even if he's the devil's advocate a lot. If you even KNEW how many games this crazy guy has you'd realized he's a big fan of Nintendo.
---
Rah.
#107Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:48:39 PM(edited)
Wynters387 posted...
Dear Vyers,

I agree that Nintendo milks Pokemon. Heck, they milk all their main games. This doesn't have to be a bad thing for those who enjoy the IP. Just like with CoD, people can enjoy what they want. As long as people find a game series still enjoyable then great. I personally prefer Pokemon over CoD. I'd never insult CoD's fans though.

Now to the main point. I know you as a poster who usually write a well written and respectful argument. However; in this topic you have dropped to Endgame level of arguing. Insulting a whole fan base ruins your argument and your credibility. You had an opportunity to show that you could be the bigger man. Instead, you opted to insult back to those being equally immature to you.

With all respect bro, if you read more carefully you would have only seen insults made in response to insults.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#108Wynters387Posted 1/14/2013 12:55:40 PM
Vyers posted...
Wynters387 posted...
Dear Vyers,

I agree that Nintendo milks Pokemon. Heck, they milk all their main games. This doesn't have to be a bad thing for those who enjoy the IP. Just like with CoD, people can enjoy what they want. As long as people find a game series still enjoyable then great. I personally prefer Pokemon over CoD. I'd never insult CoD's fans though.

Now to the main point. I know you as a poster who usually write a well written and respectful argument. However; in this topic you have dropped to Endgame level of arguing. Insulting a whole fan base ruins your argument and your credibility. You had an opportunity to show that you could be the bigger man. Instead, you opted to insult back to those being equally immature to you.

With all respect bro, if you read more carefully you would have only seen insults made in response to insults.

Bro, it looked like you were making a broad insult to the whole fan base not just the few. I do know how to read. You could have ignored the ones insulting you.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#109Wynters387Posted 1/14/2013 12:59:37 PM
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
Ruby and Sapphire was designed in such a way that was meant to sell FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, by reducing the number of Pokémon that you can capture. Hell, the very design of Pokémon lends itself to encouraging people to purchase multiple copies (though that was reduced with online, it still exists). There are Pokémon toys, there are Pokémon consoles and handhelds, there are Pokémon candies, Pokémon movies (more than a dozen), one of the longest-running animes I've noticed, a massive trading card game (a medium that encourages purchasing more and more to be competitive - basically the same as the DLC that Nintendo fans so bemoan); you have to go to retailer or Nintendo events to get some Pokémon; there are six versions of R/B, five versions of G/S; Pokémon clothing; Halloween costumes; comics; novels; school supplies; you name it. You're looking at a very narrow picture of "milked" - a picture that is not even nearly cut-and-dry in favour of Pokémon. Having a ton of spin-offs, regardless of quality or unique design, contributes to milking just fine.

I'm sure that if Call of Duty wasn't a generic FPS with no substance to it whatsoever, nor any remarkable features that set it apart from the other titles in its bland, repetitive genre, then it might be able to reach some level of popularity outside of drunken frat boys, and a movie made from the franchise wouldn't be indistinguishable from any of a dozen non-branded movies with the same genre and themes.

You know, you've got a point - at least on the demographic. It's kind of like how the average Pokémon player can't use silverware.

See here your statement. It wasn't directed at one particular poster but in your terms the "average" Pokemon player.
---
#110Wynters387Posted 1/14/2013 1:01:07 PM
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
You know, you've got a point - at least on the demographic. It's kind of like how the average Pokémon player can't use silverware.

The average Call of Duty player doesn't know what silverware is, and just eats pizza over the sink, washing it down with a couple of cold beers before returning to call someone else a "n******" because they're total campers, brah.

At least the average CoD player eats like that out of choice, rather than poor motor functions. Amazing how the Pokémon fanbase can play without dipping in their spaghetti.

And right here, again. You insult the "Pokemon fanbase" not the poster who is egging you on.
---