I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#111deimos91Posted 1/14/2013 1:04:23 PM
yearly releases barely any new content short SP that doesnt justify 60$ and did i already mention yearly
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#112SW_FFXIfanPosted 1/14/2013 1:08:39 PM
Vyers posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
At least the Pokemon Spinoffs all have different methods of gameplay.

This.

While every CoD game is an FPS.

So you are prepared with an explanation as to why CoD needs to be something other than an FPS?

CoD has also never had a full-priced remake. Pokémon?

Blue
Yellow
Crystal
Emerald
Platinum
FireRed/LeafGreen
HeartGold/SoulSilver

And spread out, looking only at mainline releases w/ remakes...

1996 - Red and Green, Blue
1998 - Yellow
1999 - Gold and Silver
2000 - Crystal
2002 - Ruby and Sapphire
2004 - FireRed and LeafGreen, Emerald
2006 - Diamond and Pearl
2008 - Platinum
2009 - HeartGold and SoulSilver
2010 - Black and White
2012 - Black 2 and White 2
2013 - X and Y

That's a lot of releases for only six main releases.

You must really like pokemon if you went to such great lengths to research this.

And if you actually do like pokemon then why care?
---
LoL IGN: Butch Magnus
#113lindaluvPosted 1/14/2013 1:13:48 PM
Wynters387 posted...
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
Ruby and Sapphire was designed in such a way that was meant to sell FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, by reducing the number of Pokémon that you can capture. Hell, the very design of Pokémon lends itself to encouraging people to purchase multiple copies (though that was reduced with online, it still exists). There are Pokémon toys, there are Pokémon consoles and handhelds, there are Pokémon candies, Pokémon movies (more than a dozen), one of the longest-running animes I've noticed, a massive trading card game (a medium that encourages purchasing more and more to be competitive - basically the same as the DLC that Nintendo fans so bemoan); you have to go to retailer or Nintendo events to get some Pokémon; there are six versions of R/B, five versions of G/S; Pokémon clothing; Halloween costumes; comics; novels; school supplies; you name it. You're looking at a very narrow picture of "milked" - a picture that is not even nearly cut-and-dry in favour of Pokémon. Having a ton of spin-offs, regardless of quality or unique design, contributes to milking just fine.

I'm sure that if Call of Duty wasn't a generic FPS with no substance to it whatsoever, nor any remarkable features that set it apart from the other titles in its bland, repetitive genre, then it might be able to reach some level of popularity outside of drunken frat boys, and a movie made from the franchise wouldn't be indistinguishable from any of a dozen non-branded movies with the same genre and themes.

You know, you've got a point - at least on the demographic. It's kind of like how the average Pokémon player can't use silverware.

See here your statement. It wasn't directed at one particular poster but in your terms the "average" Pokemon player.

Well.. that is a logically and well written view on how pokemon is milked, its actually quite true and backed with proof. Lets face it guys, game companies are in it to mainly make a profit, and if that means that people are stup... err are willing to buy the same thing over and over again then you bet your shiny beautiful buttocks that they will exploit the hell outta it.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 130 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#114Wynters387Posted 1/14/2013 1:15:05 PM
lindaluv posted...
Wynters387 posted...
Vyers posted...
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
Ruby and Sapphire was designed in such a way that was meant to sell FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, by reducing the number of Pokémon that you can capture. Hell, the very design of Pokémon lends itself to encouraging people to purchase multiple copies (though that was reduced with online, it still exists). There are Pokémon toys, there are Pokémon consoles and handhelds, there are Pokémon candies, Pokémon movies (more than a dozen), one of the longest-running animes I've noticed, a massive trading card game (a medium that encourages purchasing more and more to be competitive - basically the same as the DLC that Nintendo fans so bemoan); you have to go to retailer or Nintendo events to get some Pokémon; there are six versions of R/B, five versions of G/S; Pokémon clothing; Halloween costumes; comics; novels; school supplies; you name it. You're looking at a very narrow picture of "milked" - a picture that is not even nearly cut-and-dry in favour of Pokémon. Having a ton of spin-offs, regardless of quality or unique design, contributes to milking just fine.

I'm sure that if Call of Duty wasn't a generic FPS with no substance to it whatsoever, nor any remarkable features that set it apart from the other titles in its bland, repetitive genre, then it might be able to reach some level of popularity outside of drunken frat boys, and a movie made from the franchise wouldn't be indistinguishable from any of a dozen non-branded movies with the same genre and themes.

You know, you've got a point - at least on the demographic. It's kind of like how the average Pokémon player can't use silverware.

See here your statement. It wasn't directed at one particular poster but in your terms the "average" Pokemon player.

Well.. that is a logically and well written view on how pokemon is milked, its actually quite true and backed with proof. Lets face it guys, game companies are in it to mainly make a profit, and if that means that people are stup... err are willing to buy the same thing over and over again then you bet your shiny beautiful buttocks that they will exploit the hell outta it.

That wasn't what my post there was about. I agreed with him on the milking thing.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#115duranmanXPosted 1/14/2013 1:29:47 PM
Milk is good for you, except if its from Russia and gets you ultraviolent
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#116lindaluvPosted 1/14/2013 1:54:12 PM
That wasn't what my post there was about. I agreed with him on the milking thing.

What was your post about then?
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 130 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#117LtShelfLifePosted 1/14/2013 1:55:39 PM
duranmanX posted...
Milk is good for you, except if its from Russia and gets you ultraviolent

A bit of the ol' ultraviolence...

But yeah, as a big Pokémon fan and being one of the few people people who don't think CoD is the spawn of the devil himself (Ok, I actually enjoyed the MW series campaigns, sue me) both are "milked", it's true, it's like these companies actually want to make money or something...
---
I like Squirtles!
#118ryunow7Posted 1/14/2013 1:58:31 PM
COD fans sure have low standards in innovation from what I see...
---
the sweet scent of paper ink in the morning... sweet motivation 3DS FC: 0301-9924-7784 Vic PSN ID: ryunow7
#119Mariofan15Posted 1/14/2013 1:59:12 PM
I'm amazed you give a damn. Who cares. Both series are milked. End of story.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#120BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 1:59:16 PM
ryunow7 posted...
COD fans sure have low standards in innovation from what I see...

but but but... zombies! Every CoD game gets innovated by adding zombies to it!
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit