I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#131lindaluvPosted 1/14/2013 4:04:01 PM(edited)
DamnEvilDog posted...
I don't like Pokemon at all, and I have gotten rid of all the COD games I had left...

With that said, no... just no, nothing is more milked then COD.... nothing even close...

FIFA... mario... most EA sport games. Crapcom and its DLC policy... oh and POKEMON.. and the iPhone and anything Apple?
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 130 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#132El_ZaggyPosted 1/14/2013 4:07:00 PM
I just think nintendo has nothing new to offer except old franchise that they will milk over and over. Is it more than COD? yes. Is it good for the industry? no. but if you are a nintendo fan, yea youre expectations are low so they just dont care playing the same zelda and mario games with minor things changed.
#133lindaluvPosted 1/14/2013 4:09:20 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
I just think nintendo has nothing new to offer except old franchise that they will milk over and over. Is it more than COD? yes. Is it good for the industry? no. but if you are a nintendo fan, yea youre expectations are low so they just dont care playing the same zelda and mario games with minor things changed.

Same thing with most FPS shooters these days, COD and Halo being the biggest example, so again.. they are both the SAME for being "milked".
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 130 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#134NeonYoshi11Posted 1/14/2013 4:11:06 PM
Vyers posted...
Well not really, but yeah.

Pokémon is way more milked than that, and pretty much every other series.

There is more variety within the Game Pokemon so there is more you can do with the Series /IP
#135PigfartsPosted 1/14/2013 4:24:05 PM
Pokimon is like an RPG for newbs.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#136jumper1234Posted 1/14/2013 4:40:06 PM
im_bored posted...
This is what I found:

Call of Duty
18 mainstream titles in 10 years
98 total titles in 10 years*
*Includes multiplatform releases, editions, bundles, and expansions. Does not include certain types of DLC (such as maps).

Pokemon
18 mainstream titles in 15 years
100 total titles in 15 years**
**Includes all remakes and spinoffs.

Main Stream titles:

Call of Duty
CoD 1, 2, 3
Modern Warfare 1, 2, 3
World at War
Black Ops 1 and 2
Finest Hour
Big Red One
Roads to Victory
Final Fronts
Mobilized
Black Ops DS
Zombies 1 and 2
War Collection
Black Ops Declassified

Pokemon
Red, Green (Blue), Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
Black and White
Black 2 and White 2
X and Y

Total titles found was done with title search on GameFAQs and then removing the titles that didn't belong (2 "Commando" games from the 'Call of Duty' search).

There are only two less Call of Duty titles than Pokemon titles. This is including two 2013 pokemon titles and no 2013 CoD titles. Based off of that, in terms of games released, there is a similar number of CoD games in a shorter time span than Pokemon games.

You obviously forgot the fact that all of the Call of Duty games play exactly the same, including spinoffs, where as main Pokemon series titles play the same and the spinoff titles have many different gameplay styles, such as rogue-likes, puzzle, and action games.
---
Waiting for: Terraria (XBLA)
3DS FC: 3652-1930-9604 (PM me your fc if you add me)
#137MercuriusPhiPosted 1/14/2013 4:53:47 PM
When it comes to milked franchises, you have to stand in awe of the Final Fantasy series.
#138Vincent_CorePosted 1/14/2013 4:55:15 PM
Buretsu posted...
ryunow7 posted...
COD fans sure have low standards in innovation from what I see...

but but but... zombies! Every CoD game gets innovated by adding zombies to it!

The additions of zombies is more innovated than anything pokemon ever done. Every game is the exact same thing, it's all structured exactly the same way every game with little to no difference. The biggest innovation for pokemon x and y is that it's in 3d.
---
Learn to fight against your weak side and you'll naturally become stronger.
#139Stefan1277Posted 1/14/2013 5:01:44 PM
Thus far, there has been 6 Call of Duty games within the same generation, one a year after the other and the games are exactly the same cept for a 2 hours long story and different weapons. It is so absurd, that it started with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare-- and the next game to be released is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. The 4 position makes all the difference, apparently.

See, the biggest difference is not the amount of games, but the periods of time they are released on. They are squeezing the living crap out of Call of Duty right now, effectively killing both the industry standards AND the community.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#140BdowDELL222Posted 1/14/2013 5:02:02 PM
i enjoy both games. (mainstream that is)