I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#141MercuriusPhiPosted 1/14/2013 5:05:51 PM
Vincent_Core posted...
Buretsu posted...
ryunow7 posted...
COD fans sure have low standards in innovation from what I see...

but but but... zombies! Every CoD game gets innovated by adding zombies to it!

The additions of zombies is more innovated than anything pokemon ever done. Every game is the exact same thing, it's all structured exactly the same way every game with little to no difference. The biggest innovation for pokemon x and y is that it's in 3d.

I'll agree that the big innovation for X/Y is the inclusion of 3D, and that CoD had done nothing but wax synonymic for the past 5 incarnations, but I propose to you good sir one thing that Pokemon has done for gaming innovation: evolution of the handheld multiplayer scene. It may not seem like much, but without this all-too-tired formula of a game, we would never have seen wireless local multiplayer (or worldwide, for that matter) in the way of handhelds. They took a curious collecting game and made it a powerhouse.

But as for CoD, I'd say that the next best innovation you could push would be the inclusion of MAG-esque MMOFPS. While MAG was buggy, it was a vastly more enjoyable experience when you had a real team of compitent players. Give me 128 v 128 rooms with realistic combat and ballistic physics, and something along the lines of a Resource based map, and then MAYBE I'll consider CoD innovative.
#142monkeypahngPosted 1/14/2013 5:14:51 PM
CoD games get worse after each sequel (well after CoD4 and MW2)
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#143KarateKid93Posted 1/14/2013 5:19:13 PM(edited)
>_> The best innovation for CoD that you could push would be quitting with the Modern Warfare and Black Ops part of it. >_> I'm tired of Modern Warfare and Black Ops. They need to redo the combat and make it more realistic and the ballistic physics need to be improved, but they could also quit with modern and future warfare. Take a break and maybe come up with something else... e.g. Maybe a Civil war Call of Duty game... or a Revolutionary War Call of duty game. The gaming tech we have now, they could make one hell of a Civil war or Revolutionary war game. >_> I dunno... After the first Modern warfare CoD they kinda just... quit trying to come up with something new I guess.

Where as Pokemon... They have come up with new regions, new pokemon, new characters, new storylines, etc.

Im going to post this but my opinion isn't worth much... =/
---
3DS XL fc: 0189-8348-0317 pm me if you add me.
Pokemon White 2 fc: 1292-7152-2359 pm me if you add me
#144NejiHyuga900Posted 1/14/2013 5:19:25 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Vyers posted...
Oh, and I have a question.

Is it milking that there are three Ranger games? That there are nine Mystery Dungeon games? That there are six Stadium-style games (the last one being a very poorly-made battle simulation game with no merit on its own), two Pinball games, two TCG games, two cruddy Pikachu raising games (not even counting the fad-inspired pocket pet toys), Pokémon Puzzle reskins of Panel de Pon, two PokéPark games (neither of which got good reviews), or two Rumble games (same)?

Actually, there are 3 TCG Games:
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game (GBC)
- Pokémon Card GB2 (GBC)
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game Online (PC)

actually there's also a TCG game for the DS, though i have no idea how similar it is to the others and know next to nothing about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot that there was also one for DS for Pokemon Card Game: Asobikata DS but it's only in Japan but I think it is just tells you how to play Pokémon Trading Card Game but I may be wrong.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#145AkaneJonesPosted 1/14/2013 5:25:23 PM
Vyers posted...
Well not really, but yeah.

Pokémon is way more milked than that, and pretty much every other series.

1) The two main version are not selling to the same people. They are the same game with a style that is different to what is called yearly releases.

2) Even if it is an upgrade the "inevitable" 3rd version isn't meant for an owner of the previous version. The point is for each gen you were to only own one version. In fact Yellow was to attract people who started with the anime, Crystal was for girls who had yet to get the games because you could play as a female. Emerald was for Wireless Compatibility, for people who went FR/LG first.

3) The remakes started because they had to kill pokemon compatibility with Ruby/Sapphire. As you must know gen one has some of the most popular pokemon, gen 3 didn't allow then, and you couldn't trade up your Mews & Celbys. These were made to bring them back. Anyway notice how so far there are only remakes for gen 1 & 2.

4) The Pokemon Stadium sub set was meant for both battling your pokemon on the TV, and for added difficulty. These were also even meant for people without Gameboys. Even if XD & Colosseum had sort of storys like main game, they were meant to satisfy console owners for a Pokemon game like the main line ones ones. Don't ask me why there are 2 for Gamecube.

5) Pokemon spin offs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, Snap, Rumble, PokePark, or Dash are not counted when people say pokemon. They are there own games, lack pokemon and generally can't be traded to the main line. They are akin to calling Super Mario 2D & 3D a milking of Donkey Kong. Even then they are different games, they not the same type of game as the mainline ones. You can't call that milking. Although it is possible to call Mystery Dungeon & Rangers milked on DS, on there own. We didn't need like 4 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles on one console.

I think you are making a mistake in comparing them. Call of Duty's yearly releases are selling to the same people who bought the last entry. The three version of main line Pokemon are not.

Gameboy > Pokemon R/G/BY(1 product per person)
Gameboy Colour > G/S/C(1 product per person)
Gameboy Advanced > R/S/E, FR/LG(2 products per person)
DS > D/P/P, HG/SS, B/W, B/W2(4 products per person, However B/W is and extended gen for DS)
3DS > X/Y(???)

If any thing that shows they stuck a Pokemon gen in between this past gen transition from DS > 3DS. Best bet it was out of fear of upgrade to full 3D. B/W2 replaces not only the R/S remakes, they replaced the Grey version. Even if I counted it only the DS would approach CoD level milking.

Pokmon(Main-line) games equal 4 games per person in 6 years on one console.
Call of Duty games equal 9 games per person in 7 years on one console.
Which has more games on the same system in same/similar time span?
#146RedYoshi27Posted 1/14/2013 5:50:53 PM
Pokemon only recently started doing this yearly stuff Platinum in 2009, HG/SS in 2010, BW in 2011, BW2 in 2012, and X/Y this year. Not sure why they released so much so quick but X/Y, and HG/SS actually have some sort of merit. You'd need a GCN, GBA and 3 GBA game plus both GCN games to get those pokemon plus it was a ten year anniversary. BW i guess were following suit with upgrading gens since most gens last about 2-3 years and D/P did come out in 2007. X/Y were clearly intended for the 3DS but due to the cluster of games released so close together, BW being produced for the DS at the same time as HG/SS, AND the 3DS failing at the time, it kinda makes sense. I'm in no way justifying that they are right but there is some kind of explanation as to why we've has 1 game a year since 2009/8. CoD has no real excuse since they're still using the same engine as CoD4 but with reskinned guns for the most part but the same can be said about sports games.

tl;dr both series are milked but pokemon at least has spin offs with different gameplay unlike CoD.
---
NNID: BowMasterPit
Married to Flannery; Official Scyther of the Pokemon X board
#147saber262Posted 1/14/2013 6:05:23 PM
megamachopop posted...
You know COD has had a game every year? Sometimes 2? The mainstream Pokemon games have at least a few years in between each.

2009 - Pokemon platinum
2010 - Pokemon heart gold/soul silver
2011 - Pokemon black/white
2012 - Pokemon black/white 2
2013 - Pokemon X/Y

You were saying?
#148kiba312Posted 1/14/2013 6:21:37 PM
Gamefreak won't just release 10 new pokes each gen
CoD is a VERY different story
---
(-_-(-_-(0.o)-_-)-_-)
oh noes 0.o
#149king_darksPosted 1/14/2013 6:24:21 PM
AkaneJones posted...

1) The two main version are not selling to the same people. They are the same game with a style that is different to what is called yearly releases.

These games are still expected to sell millions each. Nintendo/ gamefreak doesn't care nor aim to have people only buy 1 version. All that matters is sales and releasing the same game twice with minor tweaks= More cash.

2) Even if it is an upgrade the "inevitable" 3rd version isn't meant for an owner of the previous version. The point is for each gen you were to only own one version. In fact Yellow was to attract people who started with the anime, Crystal was for girls who had yet to get the games because you could play as a female. Emerald was for Wireless Compatibility, for people who went FR/LG first.

Undeniable fact. The 3rd version have more content then the other 2 versions making it the superior choice by a large margin (true for emerald and platinum atleast) Emerald added animations compared to ruby and sapphire and the battle frontier. Platinum added more complex animations compared to pearl and diamomd and threw in a revised frontier and the plaza. Both used additional gimmicks to try to appeal to ANY potential buyers. They didn't discriminate in anyway. All they wanted was moare sales.

The remakes started because they had to kill pokemon compatibility with Ruby/Sapphire. As you must know gen one has some of the most popular pokemon, gen 3 didn't allow then, and you couldn't trade up your Mews & Celbys. These were made to bring them back. Anyway notice how so far there are only remakes for gen 1 & 2.

Or... they could... you know... add a way for them to be gotten in the game.... WTF they already added the animations, sprites, movepools and abillities for these pokemon. The only reason they didn't throw them in was a excuse for... events. Oh and to milk the game somemore.

4) Snip

Didn't understand that section so I cut it out. Guess that what happens when you dive into others arguments.

Pokemon spin offs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, Snap, Rumble, PokePark, or Dash are not counted when people say pokemon. They are there own games, lack pokemon and generally can't be traded to the main line. They are akin to calling Super Mario 2D & 3D a milking of Donkey Kong.

They have pokemon in the title but they aren't pokemon games..... You're serious though... This is a slipper slope argument friend. This is akin to me calling blackops and modernware as to entirely different games because of the separate stories. I think I'll snip the rest of your post as well as this covers it pretty much. P.S- They're milking the brand by doing that.

I think you are making a mistake in comparing them. Call of Duty's yearly releases are selling to the same people who bought the last entry. The three version of main line Pokemon are not.

You can't confirm this anymore you can disconfirm people buying multiple copies of pokemon which they do and have done on this very board.

Snip

Covered already.

Snip

Huh?

Pokmon(Main-line) games equal 4 games per person in 6 years on one console.
Call of Duty games equal 9 games per person in 7 years on one console.

*Quotes dark pit* Dark Pit: You might want to check your brain-age pall.

Cod mw1
mw2
mw3
Waw
Blops
Blops2

These are all the cod I personally know of on consoles.

Which has more games on the same system in same/similar time span?

Ds.

I honesty suprised that the 1st person shooter hate is so ingrained on this board that so many people would put on blinders just to put cod in a negative light. Drop the hate for a franchise for god sakes and accept the fact. Nintendo look at pokemon and said " I'M GONNA MILK IT!" /Sarcasm
---
School days are back.
#150Rockman47Posted 1/14/2013 6:36:09 PM
Guys, guys, guys. Both franchises are milked but at least they are not products of Capcom, so let us at least enjoy them as they are going to stick around.
---
The end is only the beginning.
Official 3rd Raikage of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Board