I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#151MercuriusPhiPosted 1/14/2013 6:07:13 PM
Nintendo look at pokemon and said " I'M GONNA MILK IT!" /Sarcasm

All I can see is Wreck-It Ralph with a cow.

Also, Capcom is notorious in this right as well when it comes to Street Fighter. Megaman may have had it's sequelitis, but it doesn't have 15 different versions of 2 and 17 different unreleased in U.S. versions of 3.
#152ReikokuNinjaPosted 1/14/2013 6:27:43 PM
Pokemon has been releasing the same game twice at the same time over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again for years and years, buuuuuuut unlike CoD they add "NEW" pokemon each generation. Its not much of a change, and they really dont put that much effort into the series, but that being said, pokemon is still better at milking its fanbase than CoD because they add NEW content to the SAME game every generation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReikokuNinja?feature=mhee
#153DesulatedPosted 1/14/2013 6:30:03 PM
As I always tell them, when Pokemon starts charging you for downloadable Pokemon, new areas in a particular region, and extra Master Balls, then you can assume it's stooped to CoD's level.

I do agree the games are a bit milked but CoD now is just a cash cow that's being milked for every penny's worth of it, and it'll continue to happen until the current demographic finally pulls their brains out of their asses and throws the middle finger at Kotick.
---
"Command and Conquer 4 and Red Alert 3 sucking is the fault of Westwood."-Gaming King
Auto heal is the amateur's medpack.
#154ShadowlinkexPosted 1/14/2013 7:13:46 PM
Either way it's seen, both series are milked. And both series have fans who love to re-buy the same game over and over again.

/topic
#155Chaos_MissilePosted 1/14/2013 7:35:56 PM
king_darks posted...
Pokemon spin offs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, Snap, Rumble, PokePark, or Dash are not counted when people say pokemon. They are there own games, lack pokemon and generally can't be traded to the main line. They are akin to calling Super Mario 2D & 3D a milking of Donkey Kong.

They have pokemon in the title but they aren't pokemon games..... You're serious though... This is a slipper slope argument friend. This is akin to me calling blackops and modernware as to entirely different games because of the separate stories. I think I'll snip the rest of your post as well as this covers it pretty much. P.S- They're milking the brand by doing that.

What'sthisIdonteven....

Are you seriously telling us...an Action-RPG(Rumble), a Pet-Raising game(Park), a Phtography simulation game, and a Mystery Dungeon game are the EXACT SAME THING as a turn-based RPG game?

The Sims and Singles play the same. The Sims and SimCity has the same basic concepts. Halo, CoD, BF, HL, et all play the same. All the Pokemon games mentioned there? They dont. It's like saying Diablo and the Sims are the exact same games.

This has got to be one of the most fail post I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of fail post.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#156mrJLJ66Posted 1/14/2013 8:27:33 PM
king_darks posted...
AkaneJones posted...

Pokmon(Main-line) games equal 4 games per person in 6 years on one console.
Call of Duty games equal 9 games per person in 7 years on one console.

*Quotes dark pit* Dark Pit: You might want to check your brain-age pall.

Cod mw1
mw2
mw3
Waw
Blops
Blops2

These are all the cod I personally know of on consoles.

Which has more games on the same system in same/similar time span?

Ds.

I honesty suprised that the 1st person shooter hate is so ingrained on this board that so many people would put on blinders just to put cod in a negative light. Drop the hate for a franchise for god sakes and accept the fact. Nintendo look at pokemon and said " I'M GONNA MILK IT!" /Sarcasm

I think i have to ask you to "check your brain-age"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?platform=1029&game=call+of+duty&contrib=0&genre=0&region=0&date=0&rating=0&developer=&publisher=&dist=0&sort=0&link=0&res=0&title=0

There are quite a few more than the amount of CoD games on the 360 than those you have listed. I just wanted to put my own tidbit of info, since yours seemed quite off. Nice use of "personally know" to make it seem like those were the only ones there when you and I both know that it wasn't.
---
pacta sunt servanda
Youtube account - http://www.youtube.com/user/mrJLJ66 on hiatus, give me suggestions of what you would like to see!
#157king_darksPosted 1/14/2013 8:40:27 PM
mrJLJ66 posted...
king_darks posted...
AkaneJones posted...

Pokmon(Main-line) games equal 4 games per person in 6 years on one console.
Call of Duty games equal 9 games per person in 7 years on one console.

*Quotes dark pit* Dark Pit: You might want to check your brain-age pall.

Cod mw1
mw2
mw3
Waw
Blops
Blops2

These are all the cod I personally know of on consoles.

Which has more games on the same system in same/similar time span?

Ds.

I honesty suprised that the 1st person shooter hate is so ingrained on this board that so many people would put on blinders just to put cod in a negative light. Drop the hate for a franchise for god sakes and accept the fact. Nintendo look at pokemon and said " I'M GONNA MILK IT!" /Sarcasm

I think i have to ask you to "check your brain-age"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?platform=1029&game=call+of+duty&contrib=0&genre=0&region=0&date=0&rating=0&developer=&publisher=&dist=0&sort=0&link=0&res=0&title=0

There are quite a few more than the amount of CoD games on the 360 than those you have listed. I just wanted to put my own tidbit of info, since yours seemed quite off. Nice use of "personally know" to make it seem like those were the only ones there when you and I both know that it wasn't.

Considering I responded directly to his factually incorrect statement that there was 9 cods on consoles I think nothing out of order was said. The key words here is ON Consoles Not the pc platform, not the handhelds but the consoles.
---
School days are back.
#158king_darksPosted 1/14/2013 8:50:46 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
king_darks posted...
Pokemon spin offs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, Snap, Rumble, PokePark, or Dash are not counted when people say pokemon. They are there own games, lack pokemon and generally can't be traded to the main line. They are akin to calling Super Mario 2D & 3D a milking of Donkey Kong.

They have pokemon in the title but they aren't pokemon games..... You're serious though... This is a slipper slope argument friend. This is akin to me calling blackops and modernware as to entirely different games because of the separate stories. I think I'll snip the rest of your post as well as this covers it pretty much. P.S- They're milking the brand by doing that.

What'sthisIdonteven....

Are you seriously telling us...an Action-RPG(Rumble), a Pet-Raising game(Park), a Phtography simulation game, and a Mystery Dungeon game are the EXACT SAME THING as a turn-based RPG game?

The Sims and Singles play the same. The Sims and SimCity has the same basic concepts. Halo, CoD, BF, HL, et all play the same. All the Pokemon games mentioned there? They dont. It's like saying Diablo and the Sims are the exact same games.

This has got to be one of the most fail post I've ever seen, and I've seen alot of fail post.

Then you need to determine what a fail post is. The analogy you missed simply is that the brand names link it back to the franchise it is apart of reguardless of the genre it is in. Ex: I honestly don't care if the zelda fanbase outcasted the Cdi zeldas. They are still zeldas games *THANK GOD they will never see the light of day though*.
---
School days are back.
#159Cookie_AromaPosted 1/14/2013 9:44:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gv5Lm.jpg

/topic
#160mcsmellingtonPosted 1/15/2013 1:08:15 AM
I think the fact that there are countless Pokemon toys, merchandise, tv shows, trading cards and films shows that Nintendo milk the brand moreso than Activision with COD. Not complaining, I enjoy the Pokemon games, and had loads of other merch when I was younger too.

That said, how many films are there? 12ish? Who's actually watching these?
---
GT: McPoo
PSN/NNID: McSmellington