I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#31Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:23:26 AM
Fr33z posted...
Vyers posted...
Oh, and I have a question.

Is it milking that there are three Ranger games? That there are nine Mystery Dungeon games? That there are six Stadium-style games (the last one being a very poorly-made battle simulation game with no merit on its own), two Pinball games, two TCG games, two cruddy Pikachu raising games (not even counting the fad-inspired pocket pet toys), Pokémon Puzzle reskins of Panel de Pon, two PokéPark games (neither of which got good reviews), or two Rumble games (same)?

again refer to my comment on page 2

Ranger games don't show improvement. MD games, typically, exist to add to the roster of the previous game (or just to make more money). Same with Stadiums (and the sequels don't even necessarily improve upon the other). Rumble Blast exists why?
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#32ZBug_Posted 1/14/2013 2:30:16 AM
Vyers posted...
ZBug_ posted...
Wait let me see here, going off of the dates you listed TC:
1st gen in 99
2nd gen was 3 years later
Then 3rd was... Oh, 3 years again
And then 4th was 4 years!
Then 5th gen was 4 more years!
And finally 6th gen was 3 years again.
Yep this series is milked SOOOO much more then CoD, which has a main stream release every single year.

And they fill those gaps with remakes. Are you implying that taking something that already exists and repackaging it is not a problem?

Also I do enjoy watching people not even attempt to A. do math, or B. check their facts.

Gen 1 is '96. Gen 2 is '99. Gen 3 is '02. Gen 4 is '06. Gen 5 is '10. Gen 6 is '13.

Yes, three year gaps between generations. Between the introduction to the generations. Guess what happens in between these introductions?

Yellow and Blue happened in between generations. Crystal happened between generations. FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald happened between generations. HeartGold, SoulSilver, and Platinum happened between generations. Black 2 and White 2 happened between generations. Please stop looking at, exclusively, the information that makes Pokémon seem like a franchise that isn't milked as company policy.

99 was merely a typo, if you look at the numbers in my post its clear that I meant 96,
As for the rest of your post, I haven't read it yet, but don't worry I'll finish
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#33ZBug_Posted 1/14/2013 2:35:48 AM
Ok, I have finished reading all your posts, and you entire argument revolves around assuming you're supposed to buy every single version (Nine mystery dungeons, lol, you're doing it wrong) you're not, trading as a big part of Pokemon.
So simply because your entire argument revolves around this silly idea you have, and that this idea is wrong, your argument falls apart.
And I will say nothing more on this topic.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#34BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 2:35:55 AM
Vyers posted...
Ranger games don't show improvement.

Ranger 2 changed and greatly improved the Capture mechanics, added an extensive list of side quests, added a Level Up system, and both expanded and generally improved the Partner system.

Ranger 3 improved Capture even more, retooled the Pokemon Assist mechanic, added in Summonable Pokemon including being able to ride Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and also added in a co-operative multiplayer mode.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#35Zero280Posted 1/14/2013 2:43:48 AM
BoosterBurst posted...
Pokemon is actually good.

---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#36Shiroh08thPosted 1/14/2013 2:44:03 AM
Vyers posted...
Ruby and Sapphire was designed in such a way that was meant to sell FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald, by reducing the number of Pokémon that you can capture. Hell, the very design of Pokémon lends itself to encouraging people to purchase multiple copies (though that was reduced with online, it still exists). There are Pokémon toys, there are Pokémon consoles and handhelds, there are Pokémon candies, Pokémon movies (more than a dozen), one of the longest-running animes I've noticed, a massive trading card game (a medium that encourages purchasing more and more to be competitive - basically the same as the DLC that Nintendo fans so bemoan); you have to go to retailer or Nintendo events to get some Pokémon; there are six versions of R/B, five versions of G/S; Pokémon clothing; Halloween costumes; comics; novels; school supplies; you name it. You're looking at a very narrow picture of "milked" - a picture that is not even nearly cut-and-dry in favour of Pokémon. Having a ton of spin-offs, regardless of quality or unique design, contributes to milking just fine.

There are also CoD toys, consoles, sodas, costumes, graphic novels, DLC that adds a few maps which quickly totals the cost of the game and then some, card game, tv show, and countless other products emblazoned with CoD products. While I agree with you that Pokemon has definitely been milked more, many of the things that you listed also fall under the things that CoD also does. Pokemon's also had close to 7 years on CoD to develop enough steam to milk its franchise. The longer a product's been out, the more likely they are to try stupid things as quick cash grabs. Look at Mega Man, Mario and Sonic if you need proof that time does nasty, nasty things to an IP.
---
-Signature pending-
#37Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:45:22 AM
ZBug_ posted...
Ok, I have finished reading all your posts, and you entire argument revolves around assuming you're supposed to buy every single version (Nine mystery dungeons, lol, you're doing it wrong) you're not, trading as a big part of Pokemon.
So simply because your entire argument revolves around this silly idea you have, and that this idea is wrong, your argument falls apart.
And I will say nothing more on this topic.

You will say nothing more on this topic because you haven't said anything of worth yet. You've basically turned on tunnel vision, and adjusted the situation to the one and only angle that makes it seem like a franchise with multiple versions of a single game released in multiple years is somehow not milked, compared to a franchise that - gasp - has one or two games per year, compared to many per year. Are you going to just ignore that there are 15 films, one per year? Or that the anime has yet to end after, what, 15 years? Or that to be a product in this day and age is to have a variety of it with a Pokémon brand?

As a matter of fact, every single Pokémon game that has multiple versions would not sell as well if not for these multiple versions. Nintendo knows exactly as much.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Blog: http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6123776 / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear
#38gotdangitPosted 1/14/2013 4:25:45 AM(edited)
I have to Admit Pokemon is way more milked.

As far as a I remember there was been a main pokemon game each year. Besides like 2007 I think.

I remember Diamond/Pearl, Plat, HG/SS, Black, then Black 2 all coming out year after year right?

There's also a bunch of other Pokemon games like Rumble, Ranger, Mystery Dungeon and a lot of other things.

CoD has only one game per year, and only last year did they come out with one for PSV That was different but still black ops.

I don't know about the Handheld ones but they seems exactly like the console ones but dumbed down.

Pokemon is much more milked, and people only think it's not the same because they like pokemon and Milked has a bad connotation.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#39badboyPosted 1/14/2013 4:29:13 AM(edited)
Both are the two most milked series of all time.
#40gotdangitPosted 1/14/2013 4:31:10 AM(edited)
Not to mention that there are two versions of almost every single pokemon game.

Why do they make two versions really? Even for Mystery Dungeon.

Obviously they know that some people will buy both games which gives them even more sales. These games are almost identical with only a few differences. Why is that alright?>

I'm getting Pokemon X or Y but please don't try to tell me spending another 40 bucks is justified so that you can get every single pokemon, which you can't even between two versions and also be able to see a slightly different story, and see one new area.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356